Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191190

OK... some piccies, don't know if anybody will spot anything - looks OK to me, but then what do I know... first one is the bottom rear end of the glass, then the bottom front end, then some miscellaneous ones taken by poking the phone into the door and stabbing at the button, in the hope somebody might spot something relevant!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191192

I've had a situation where the window reg would only move 1 mm or so when the switch as operated, turned out to be dirty/burned switch contacts, not allowing enough current to pass through to operate the motor.
I pulled the window switch apart and filed the contacts clean.......sorted!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191193

I've had a situation where the window reg would only move 1 mm or so when the switch as operated, turned out to be dirty/burned switch contacts, not allowing enough current to pass through to operate the motor.
I pulled the window switch apart and filed the contacts clean.......sorted!

Yeah... only thing is, when I press the switch, the motor actuates with enough force to flex the inner door skin, so I'm kind of assuming it's getting enough juice through :-?

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191219

I was getting a bit stressed by it all (here in N Ireland we have constant monsoon weather, and the wind/rain were starting to rip my plastic sheet off the open window :omg: so I gave up and left it in to the mechanic this morning.

I'll report back when I hear some news!

Thanks everybody

Last edit: Post by Hogweed.

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191223

Well, £30 later and all sorted :lol:

The mechanic is always tearing about at great speed, so doesn't have time to chat, but he said that (despite what we all thought) the window was out of the rear runner at the bottom – and, contrary to appearances, it was dry as a bone (ie no grease).

All working fine now – thanks as always to everybody who tried to help B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, SundanceUK

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191225

£30 well spent, IMHO :drive:

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191229

£30 well spent, IMHO :drive:

Yup. Note to self - no matter how much of a panic you're in to get plastic sheeting over the window hole before the rain starts, think carefully about wha kind of tape to use - the thin brown plastic "parcel tape" kind sticks very hard to the paintwork, and will not come off afterwards, no matter how hard you rub it with meths or white spirit :oops:

Attachments:

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191230

Hi Hogweed.
The sheet is called a water shedder and is esencial to stop water ingress to the car . Rimmer Brothers will stock it and you could use a thin bead of silicon sealer to fasten it to the door . Glad you got it sorted .
John :clap: :clap: :clap:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191251

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon - put the window down, and it jammed solid again. Back to the mechanic, and he says I'm going to need to change the regulator :(

Oh, and now the door mech has stopped working too. I feel that old familiar MG/Rover money pit opening underneath my feet again (I've been a 75 owner for 9 years) :-?

URGENT PLEASE - door regulator 4 years 8 months ago #191252

If the window channel isn't lined up / adjusted correctly it will jam again ! And I ain't referring to Bob Marley ! I am referring to my brand new 04 plate ZR which in its first month had four window regulators until it was noticed that the window channel guides were not lined up correctly . It's hard to diagnose something accurately from pictures but I would want to manually raise and lower the glass in the channels before fitting it to the regulator . That way you can feel if there is any resistance or chance of jamming . You said the guy who did it was racing round like a racy round thing , perhaps a bit more in the way of diagnosis on his part might have resulted in better out come .
:nonod:

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hogweed

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: missed a bit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT