Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which servo bracket? 3 years 6 months ago #194447

Is this drawing for left or right hand drive ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which servo bracket? 3 years 6 months ago #194449

This is for a right hand drive .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devinci

Which servo bracket? 2 years 8 months ago #196773

I see from previous posts that others seem to have fitted the MGMania servo bracket without issues. I fitted one yesterday, but not without issues. Specifically, the two holes through which the bolts left/right join the new brace to the existing bracket simply did not line up. It was like they were out by the thickness of the snorkel flange. The picture below explains it better - if you zoom in you can see the centre of the holes are level with the top edge of the existing bracket.
After consideration, I ended up cutting new fixturing locations in the brace just below the existing ones in order to get it fitted. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I missing something?
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic.

Which servo bracket? 2 years 8 months ago #196782

I had 2 brackets made up following the drawing from Mr Blustreak and had exactly the same issue on both cars I was fitting them to. It wasn't actually as bad as yours seems to be and I found I needed to lengthen the holes downwards by about 50%. At the time, I assumed that either the drawing was wrong or that my tame toolmaker had made a mistake. Now I'm not so sure...

They still did the trick in stabilising the servo, though.

Which servo bracket? 2 years 8 months ago #196785

I believe there is an error in that cad drawing.
If you compare the drop from the top of the bracket to panel (16 +6 mm) to the drop from the top to the hole centre (26mm) there is only +4mm drop.

Having quickly measured the drop from the panel to the bolt on my car I get +10-12mm. I think that the original drawing fails to take the metal thickness into account, add 6mm to 4mm gives you your 10mm drop.:pop:

Additionally, you have to take account of the thickness of the snorkel base plate that the bracket fits on top of, so the required drop will be + that, whatever it is...
I don't have a TF SNORKEL so can't measure that. Possibly another 2-3 mm..
Can someone measure that and I will amend the original drawing.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Which servo bracket? 2 years 8 months ago #196825

The snorkel base might be 5mm. That, is the thickness of the spacers at the bottom of the drawing. They are needed to stop the snorkel from being crushed when tightening the 3 x base bolts

Which servo bracket? 2 years 7 months ago #196835

Interesting, do the spacers fit within the holes of the snorkel base?

That would make the measurement 37mm. from top of the bracket to the hole centre.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cobber

Which servo bracket? 2 years 7 months ago #196860

Interesting, do the spacers fit within the holes of the snorkel base?

That would make the measurement 37mm. from top of the bracket to the hole centre.

It's been 4 years since I did it but, yes, I think the spacers did fit through the holes and foam underneath. As I recall, the original bolts were stepped for the same purpose.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT