Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188059

I've decided my brake pedal is a little spongy. So as well as replace the fluid and therefore bleed the brakes, I was also looking at a servo bracket. But I can see 2 types: The MG Mania one and the Mike Satur one

http://mgmanialtd.com/index.php?id_product=887&controller=product
and
MGF. MGTF RHD.Uprated Brake Servo Brace Kit Mike Satur design
Completed

For a 2004 TF, which one is the best one to get?

thanks

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188060

I have the one that was previously marketed by Jaylad and looks suspiciously like the mgmania one. Seems to work fine.
Robin ;)

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188063

Hi Nic
I fitted the Mgmania bracket earlier this year. An extremely solid piece of kit, but you do need flexible joints in your wrist to tighten some of the bolts.

Robert

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188068

I was going to try the mike satur one...when/if I get around to it.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188070

I have the MG Mania bracket.easy to fit,no major dismantling of car and no drilling.
Does the job intended,nice firm pedal.:broon: :broon:

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188071

Sourced mine from MGFnTFbitz, nice and solid with a good durable powder coat finish. Came with stainless bolts.

Sundance

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188096

Got my MGMania bracket in stainless steel. Does look like a nice bit of kit. Only just arrived at work today so not fitted yet. However, I did bleed the brakes yesterday and treated it to new brake fluid and it hasn't helped. I still can't get the car to lock up when doing 60/70 and slamming on the anchors. I never have had it lock up on a nice dry road, only ever in the rain. I'm sceptical that the bracket is going to make that much difference, but we'll see.

Any other ideas apart from new discs and pads? The discs are new, but just Eurocarparts ones and the pads are only a thousand miles old or so and are Pagid ones.

Nick

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188097

Hi Nik.
That's very much the same as mine and is how the smaller brake set up is . As most on here will tell you, the pedal will feel much firmer with the brace fitted but it won't do much else . I felt the same when I compared it to the performance of our daily run about .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188101

Nik, I fitted 280mm discs from MGFMania (not mgmania!) all round to my F and I can get the wheels to lock under very severe braking now. No abs fitted to my car.

I have Pagid pads as well so nothing special there.
Robin ;)

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188112

I never noticed the subtle difference between MGmania and MGFmania. Despite having had my glass window fitted at the latter. I did wonder why he didn't have a brummy accent now you mention it!! :)

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Which servo bracket? 5 years 6 months ago #188154

Or make your own
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, SundanceUK, Gavin207

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Correction

Which servo bracket? 5 years 2 weeks ago #190151

I have got an MGF with the older type of air intake ie pre-"schnorkel"

i understand the MGmania type will not fit unless I update the intake also.

From my non-expert point of view this seems a better solution than the Mike Satur type as it ties the servo into a rigid seam in the bodywork.

Is it worth the roughly double cost to get the MGmania type and schnorkel intake?

PS I almost never go out in the rain so the better waterproofing of the schnorkel is not an issue.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.439 seconds