Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #57786

After talking to Hari and a few others I have decided, weather dependent obviously, to arrange a BBQ for T-Bar members and friends..

Hopefully we will have delightful weather, and a lovely afternoon/evening of talking cars, making new acquaintances and putting names to faces ..

It will be hosted at my home, and there is room for tents for anyone wishing to camp for the night and avoid the possibly long journey home, or for those that wish to partake in a glass or 2 of Pimm's ;-))

Please advise me if you wish to camp ..

Feel free to bring food along, especially if you are a Vegetarian ..

If you have any particular music that you like, please bring it along ..

Children welcome, as long as they are kept on a lead and kept muzzled at all times ..

No dogs I am afraid, my Great Dane has zero tolerance for 4 legged visitors ..

There will be some car stuff going on so feel free to bring along tools, plastic sheet for my drive as I do not want oil on it :spank: or anything that you need help fitting, please advise on the thread :-)

Parking will be on my drive for Car fettling and campers, I have got us a carpark 3 minutes from the house for any over spill, I should be able to get around 8 on the drive, but its a single track private road so there is no real off road parking ..

Location CV35..

Hope to see you then

Jan

Ok It's time to do lists, as to who is coming, camping, contributing, fettling etc ..
I will be supplying all the soft drinks, coffee, tea etc, if you want booze bring your own :P
Any contributions will be very gratefully received from napkins, plastic cups to BBQ coal etc
I will be going to our local market on the morning around 9am :pinch: to get sausages and burgers etc, so they will be fresh, and hopefully some extras :yesnod:

Attending ......................Camping/space for others to share...............Contributions...............Fettling/parts to be fitted

Alan and Julie ......................................... No ...........................................Chilli bowl ................................. No
Adam (Whiz)...........................................Yes..........................................Plastic cheese..................................Yes
John and Sue ...........................................No...........................Specialty Bollo Sauce, Garlic Bread.........No, but bringing tools
Alex and Dan.............................................No...........................................Serviettes........................................No
Brian.........................................................Yes.........................................Plastic cups.......................Possibly, bringing tools to help
Hari/Tui.............................................Yes, gulp........................................Plastic plates......................................tbc
Andy and Alex............................... Poshing it.....................................Beer,Wine, Nibbles....................... Bringing Tools to help
Paul and Dee..........................................Yes...............................................TBC........................................Bringing tools to help
Rob plus 5..............................................Yes..........................................Entertainment ;-)..........................Will make tea :-)
Joe and Nikki...........................................Yes.............................................Quiches ..................................Bringing tools to help
Alistair (Vikki)..........................................Yes.............................................Salad........................................ TBC
Alan, Dawn, Tina...................................TBC................................................TBC..........................................TBC
Mandy & Al.............................................yes...................................................TBC..........................................TBC

Work on cars ..

Jan

Chrome door handles to fit ..
Cubby (if not a massive job)

Adam (Whiz)

Handbrake adjustment / tightening
Window mech replacement (if not a mahoosive job)

Sunday run starting around 2.00 to the Cotswolds and back for late dinner, early tea and to say our goodbyes ..
This is open to anyone not just those attending the BBQ so please feel free to put your names down

Jan
Adam
Hari

bump
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58030

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bump

Massive thanks to Adam for arranging the meat for us, and Damien for agreeing to be our photographer for the Day/Night/Day :broon:

Last edit: Post by .

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58163

no probs x

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58166

Yes a very big thankyou to them both :woohoo:

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58227

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you let me know who is doing the run ??
If it's raining, I was just going to book us a table for dinner at the usual place, around 2ish, but I need numbers :yesnod:

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58237

Massive thanks to Adam for arranging the meat for us, and Damien for agreeing to be our photographer for the Day/Night/Day :broon:

Oh lol.. I thought I was going to a BBQ. It sounds like a royal wedding! :lol:

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58238

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
T-Bar royalty my dear :P

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58256

Soz i wont be able to do the run on Sunday :bang:

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58257

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
After much consideration, we'd quite like to camp if that is ok. Will probably regret it Sunday morning but wtf.
Will be a 2 man tent. Hope this is ok.....
Of course, if after the Midland Marauder Meal we hate everyone, then Grandpa will be dying (again) on the Friday before, so we' ll be unable to attend..... :)
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58259

John and Sue we are hard from this area we can camp it's easy, P.S. taxi booked for nearest hotel when they are all asleep and back before they get up lol.

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58260

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
....a Cunning Plan! Excellent!!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #58278

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

After much consideration, we'd quite like to camp if that is ok. Will probably regret it Sunday morning but wtf.
Will be a 2 man tent. Hope this is ok.....
Of course, if after the Midland Marauder Meal we hate everyone, then Grandpa will be dying (again) on the Friday before, so we' ll be unable to attend..... :)

Great plan, one problem Batman, the meal is after the camping :bust:

Camping is fine, its in the field as I do not want the lawn trashed B)

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT