Sign In   Register

Topic

BBQ, Warks Sat 21st July, Cotswold run 22nd July 11 years 10 months ago #57056

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After talking to Hari and a few others I have decided, weather dependent obviously, to arrange a BBQ for T-Bar members and friends..

Hopefully we will have delightful weather, and a lovely afternoon/evening of talking cars, making new acquaintances and putting names to faces ..

It will be hosted at my home, and there is room for tents for anyone wishing to camp for the night and avoid the possibly long journey home, or for those that wish to partake in a glass or 2 of Pimm's ;-))

Please advise me if you wish to camp ..

Feel free to bring food along, especially if you are a Vegetarian ..

If you have any particular music that you like, please bring it along ..

Children welcome, as long as they are kept on a lead and kept muzzled at all times ..

No dogs I am afraid, my Great Dane has zero tolerance for 4 legged visitors ..

There will be some car stuff going on so feel free to bring along tools, plastic sheet for my drive as I do not want oil on it :spank: or anything that you need help fitting, please advise on the thread :-)

Parking will be on my drive for Car fettling and campers, I have got us a carpark 3 minutes from the house for any over spill, I should be able to get around 8 on the drive, but its a single track private road so there is no real off road parking ..

Location CV35..

Hope to see you then

Jan

Ok It's time to do lists, as to who is coming, camping, contributing, fettling etc ..
I will be supplying all the soft drinks, coffee, tea etc, if you want booze bring your own :P
Any contributions will be very gratefully received from napkins, plastic cups to BBQ coal etc
I will be going to our local market on the morning around 9am :pinch: to get sausages and burgers etc, so they will be fresh, and hopefully some extras :yesnod:

Attending ......................Camping/space for others to share...............Contributions...............Fettling/parts to be fitted

Alan and Julie .........................................No ...........................................Chilli bowl ................................... No
Adam (Whiz).............................................Yes..........................................Plastic cheese..................................Yes
Mark and Sue ...........................................No..............................................BBQ Coal xtra.................................No
Alex and Dan.............................................No...........................................Serviettes............................................No
Brian.........................................................Yes...............................................Plastic cups..........................Bringing tools to help
Hari/Tui....................................................Yes, gulp......................................Plastic plate..................................tbc
Andy and Alex..................................... Poshing it.....................................Beer,Wine, Nibbles................Bringing Tools to help
Paul and Dee..........................................Yes...............................................TBC........................................Bringing tools to help
Rob plus 5...............................................Yes..........................................Entertainment ;-)..........................Will make tea :-)
Joe and Nikki...........................................Yes.............................................Quiches .................................Bringing tools to help
Alistair (Vikki)...........................................Yes.............................................Salad.................................................. TBC
Alan, Dawn, Tina...................................Yes.........................................BBQ Coal.............................................Helping
Damien and Dave...................................Yes..........................................Apple salad..............................................No
Suze and Lara .......................................No..............................................Sauces.................................................lol
Leigh Ping/better half..............................No......................................Tomatoes, Onions.......................................YES
Mandy and Allan.....................................Yes........................................TBC.........................................................Yes
Fast Jan :woohoo: ................................Yes........................................Extra bugers...........................................Yes
Work on cars ..

Jan

Chrome door handles to fit ..
Cubby (if not a massive job)

Adam (Whiz)

Handbrake adjustment / tightening
Window mech replacement (if not a mahoosive job)
'identify and rectify stupid squeeky in my dash

FastJan

Heaters to be fixed

Sunday run starting around 2.00 to the Cotswolds and back for late dinner, early tea and to say our goodbyes ..
This is open to anyone not just those attending the BBQ so please feel free to put your names down, or if we feel to ill pub for Sunday dinner ;)

Jan
Adam
Hari

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57060

Attending ..........................Camping/space for others to share...............Contributions...............Fettling/parts to be fitted

Alan and Julie ......................................... No .......................................... ......Chilli bowl ................................. No
Adam.......................................Yes please (if that would be ok?).................Plastic Cheese........................Probably :p

Last edit: Post by Whiz.

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57063

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Done Adam .. Have you got any spare places in your tent babe ?

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57064

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Depending on the date (have I missed that somewhere ??) we would love to come!
Camping: no
Fettling: I prefer to do at home where the neighbours can chant along with my swearing and blasphemy, but will pitch in and help anyone if needed. Unless its Whiz and his exhaust :)
Will bring some of the more rarified tools if required.
Contribution: a big bowl of bolognaise sauce or similar and garlic bread?

Sounds like a fun day.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57066

Done Adam .. Have you got any spare places in your tent babe ?

it depends what tent I get from ex-wife haha I could have 1 or two (if she gives me 3 man) or I could ask for the eff off tent which has two bedrooms as well as massive living area that about 10 of us could squeeze into lol

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57067

Depending on the date (have I missed that somewhere ??) we would love to come!

Sounds like a fun day.

It will def be fun - please come :)

Last edit: Post by Whiz.

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57068

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:oops: put date on ...

Cheers John Garlic bread would be great :yesnod:

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57070

oh and if there are camping related paraphernalia you would like me to bring, we had most stuff in the loft so happy to bring - little table, kitchen thing, cooker, kettle, toilet (although never used), blah blah blah - ooh im going to bring a game which will either get boring or when people are somewhat under the influence and cant throw / catch or know their colours, could be fun :)

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 21st July 11 years 10 months ago #57071

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Our bollo sauce is the specialite du maison, we'll make a big potful in the slow cooker and bring loads of garlic bread as well.

Good times!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 11 years 10 months ago #57072

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

oh and if there are camping related paraphernalia you would like me to bring, we had most stuff in the loft so happy to bring - little table, kitchen thing, cooker, kettle, toilet (although never used), blah blah blah - ooh im going to bring a game which will either get boring or when people are somewhat under the influence and cant throw / catch or know their colours, could be fun :)

Go for it :broon:

We have Twister as well B)

See if you can get the large tent Adam, that way a few can share if they don't mind, and will save space in the garden :yesnod:
I have a double sofa bed and camping bed that is going up in the garage for anyone that needs it .. :hugs:

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 21st July 11 years 10 months ago #57073

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Our bollo sauce is the specialite du maison, we'll make a big potful in the slow cooker and bring loads of garlic bread as well.

Good times!

Fabulous Thank you so very much :hugs:

Re: BBQ In Warwickshire With Car Fettling 21st July 11 years 10 months ago #57077

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I'm deciding first. Its the mrs's 24 week scan that week so I can't 100% commit at this stage as much as i want to. In her eyes it will be an 'abandonment' as I wont be at home. I might put some of that well earned MGF money to treat her to a spa weekend with her mum to mitigate against leaving her home alone.

So as it stands I'm not sure. Definitely going to the 28th run though.

Last edit: Post by bensewell.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT