Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fob Programming 5AS 2 years 5 months ago #197717

My very patient wrecker in Perth has found another 3TXD 315Hz fob and has mailed it to me. Here is a photo. Battery checked all good. Unfortunately no bananas! Not able to program it with the pscan.uk program. I'm stumped. Suggestions anyone?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fob Programming 5AS 2 years 5 months ago #197719

Can you check that you do not have any dry soldering on battery terminals or on microswitch terminals? This is usual problem with old fobs.
To me your existing working fob has a dry solder on one battery terminal, which I noticed just now, and it might be that fob is just to give up:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Fob Programming 5AS 2 years 5 months ago #197722

You need a fob RF tester. Something like this https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/5637206414/ir-rf-key-fob-tester however note that this particular one doesn't appear to detect 315MHz

Fob Programming 5AS 1 year 10 months ago #199401

The fobs pictured that use the smaller CR1220 battery are the "new" type being manufactured for Xpart as a replacement
for the 3TXA/3TXB/17TN and is supplied under part number YWX101220A.
These usually "program in" with only 2-3 presses of the button rather than the usual 8 presses.
The new design fob will only be manufactured as 433MHz, 315MHz is now discontinued and no longer available.

Another piece of info, the 3TXC fob variant was a Land Rover item. It will program to the 5AS but it does not have the components
fitted to make use of the "friendly mobilisation" feature where the immobiliser self-cancels when the ignition is turned to
position II. This fob was originally supplied with late Land Rover Freelander 1 that didn't require this feature after the introduction
of the BMW EWS immobiliser on these vehicles.

Last edit: Post by technozen.

Fob Programming 5AS 1 year 10 months ago #199402

I know the OP posted over 6 months ago but the fob pictured that he was assured is a 315MHz isn't, fobs that have 2701 on the filter are 433MHz......

Last edit: Post by technozen.

Fob Programming 5AS 1 year 10 months ago #199404

I know the OP posted over 6 months ago but the fob pictured that he was assured is a 315MHz isn't, fobs that have 2701 on the filter are 433MHz......

Excellent spot, as always, I missed that on the picture.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT