Sign In   Register

Topic

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193273

yes the SP ACR4 has this stepper motor function, which is awkward as the ACR4 costs silly money - if indeed you can even find the correct pod & cables.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193274

okay. I will get there in the end, it means that I will have to send fake data to the ACR4 so that it thinks that it is connected to a warm running engine. It can be done, it will just take more effort.

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193276

thanks for the effort and development of the stepper motor function

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193279

Is there anyone here who has actually used this feature on a Testbook or ACR?
So far the process is that you connect the tool and put it into "adjust stepper motor" mode and it asks you to start and run the engine.
The tool then waits for the engine to come up to temperature and looks for the throttle to be closed.
Finally I think it starts asking you to adjust a screw and I think that it wants the stepper motor to be within a certain range.
I'm not quite sure why you couldn't achieve the same thing by viewing the stepper motor position in live data whilst twiddling the screw.
Is there another step after this or is this it?
On the bench I don't actually have a screw to adjust so it's taking me a little while to figure out.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193280

on ark 4 when you have the engine hot enough it will give you a display with a range of steps for the stepper motor to be in you adjust the throttle butterfly screw to set the required rpm then when you exit out from the menu it asks to save the new settings to memory with out the ark 4 you can not save settings so must be some sort of code being sent to ecu to keep the new setting

Last edit: Post by David1566. Reason: hopefully made it clearer to understand

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193285

This morning I also found a local MPI Mini to work on.
It was asking to turn the screw on the idle control.
I couldn't find this screw.
Can someone send me a photo of this screw that has to be adjusted as part of the learn process?

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193286

here are some pictures of the adjusting screw you need a spanner for the lock nut and a torx socket to adjust it

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics added

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193287

its quit sensitive so i think there must be some sort of feed back signal from the throttle position sensor as the butterfly does not open much at all and with out something like the ark 4 the idle is all over the place and it revs quit high if you adjust screw on its own and once its out of adjustment you need some diagnostic kit to reset it to where it should be i known the ark 4 will do it but there hard to find so defiantly nice if could be done with a pscan diagnostic tool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193290

The fellow that lent (is that how you spell lent?) me the MPI did me a massive favour because the car hasn't started for a year. The battery was dead and remains dead, and when it got warm it started pushing coolant past the expansion tank cap even though it wasn't hot on the guage.

I think probably the cap just wasn't on properly because letting it cool and refitting seemed to help but the hoses don't pressurise properly so something is still wrong.

I offered to help him find a battery as I have a Halfords Trade Card. What the correct battery for an MPI mini?

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193291

depends on battery make a lucas LC038 , Bosch S4 001 Car Battery 12v 44Ah 440A (063, 544 402 044,

Halfords HB038 Lead Acid 12V Car Battery 3 Year Guarantee 953034

just make sure the + and - terminals are correct way around as some batteries have the terminals other way around ( when battery is facing you and the terminals are closest to you the + terminal should be on the left hand side )

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193302

Do all MPI Minis have an oil temperature sensor?

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 11 months ago #193304

The John Cooper Version of the MPI Mini Does

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT