Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193338

This is great news that the stepper feature has arrived.

My TF Sunstorm 115 has always had an intermittent weird throttle issue. Changing the idle value helped a bit but it only ever ran well just after Russell Walsh changed a piston liner and got him going when I first bought him as a scrapper!

It's laid up on the drive at the moment unstarted for months. I'm going to fire it up today and give the new feature a go if I can, and I'll report back later.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193339

My TF Sunstorm 115 has always had an intermittent weird throttle issue. Changing the idle value helped a bit but it only ever ran well just after Russell Walsh changed a piston liner and got him going when I first bought him as a scrapper!

It's laid up on the drive at the moment unstarted for months. I'm going to fire it up today and give the new feature a go if I can, and I'll report back later.

Please can you check that pscan works with all the other ECUs on your TF as well?
042A has a lot of code changed under the hood and so I have retested every ECU that I have, but I don't have an MGF EPAS ECU.

Re:Re:Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193340

Please can you check that pscan works with all the other ECUs on your TF as well?
042A has a lot of code changed under the hood and so I have retested every ECU that I have, but I don't have an MGF EPAS ECU.

Will do. Just realised the stepper is only for Mems2 not 3 like mine? Just charging the battery before starting.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re:Re:Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193342

I guess that folks will want MEMS3 next.
I have a Rover 25 with 1.6L K series as my ULEZ hack so guess I can use that to reverse engineer it.

Re:Re:Re:Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193350

I guess that folks will want MEMS3 next.
I have a Rover 25 with 1.6L K series as my ULEZ hack so guess I can use that to reverse engineer it.

My 1.6 ZS is exempt but my TF 1.6 isn't lol. Same engine, 1 year apart. Their exemption system is crap.

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193354

My mini is still running superbly and cold start was not an issue today. I have attached a screenshot of diagnostic values for you to view, but it all seems good to me.
Attachments:

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193377

This afternoon I tried the new reset value of the stepper on my MEMS 2 MPI Mini . After trying numerous times I was unable to adjust it to the recommended setting. Adjusting the idle screw either made the idle extremely lumpy or backed off the idle was fine but the stepper would only get to 23 . I'm going to have another try tomorrow but I'm not hopefull.
John
Attachments:

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193379

yes I too gave it a go today,.
I get the "not warm enough" message. as expected on start-up.
What I have found is that we have a sticky throttle.
When cold /warm the pscan indicates stepper ~24, but after a run on a hot day it sticks at mid 30's
I get the message "Throttle not closed"
No point in messing around with it until I get that sorted .

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193380

The thing is that I should have followed the ' If it ain't broke don't fix it ' rule . The car was fine before I tried this . Tick over ok and stepper fine . I would like to get an aluminium throttle body at some point even though I know this one is ok . I will try again later.

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193382

I wouldn't get too hung up on the value of 26. This was what Rover recommended for a brand new Mini but now they are over twenty years old.

If the number gets to zero then it means that the engine can't control the idle; this can be caused by an air leak or warped throttle body.

If you have to calibrate to a number higher than 26 to get it to run right I don't see that as being a big issue. At the end of the day if the ECU can control idle speed and get the right air/fuel ratio then it doesn't matter really.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Pscan to adjust idle speed and reset learnt values 3 years 10 months ago #193383

Hi Phillip . I'm not too fussed about it as it is idling okay and as you say these cars are 20+ years old now . The stepper was at 34 at 982 rpm on a recent test and now as you can see it is at 23 . It's still a good addition to this great bit of kit . Thank you for all you are doing to help us keep these cars running.
John

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT