Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Any ideas? 7 months 4 weeks ago #203966

I have spent a pleasant morning taking my spare spheres to Kevin Wright in Stockport to have them re-gassed. He does it not by welding on an adapter for a shrader valve, but through the pip at the top, as per the original Dunlop method. You’ll find his service offered on e-bay, have a look it interesting & has links to YouTube.
I’ve not seen any comments on here on his service, so I’ll report back when they’re fitted.
As usual my dog accompanied me & we went for a walk on our way back & found a wing mirror cover of some VW or other, can anyone think how I might repurposed it?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Any ideas? 7 months 4 weeks ago #203971

A scoop for an engine side vent with a bit of intense fettling ?

I can offer a stray Peugeot 406 mirror cover if you want to do the other side. Automotive roadkill can come in useful.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Any ideas? 7 months 4 weeks ago #203972

Hum, that’s an idea, something like this possibly.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Any ideas? 7 months 3 weeks ago #203977

Maybe Airportable and Notanumber could post jointly as Steptoe-and-Son ? :beer:

Any ideas? 7 months 3 weeks ago #203986

Come along with us & you could post as Hercules.
The side scoop has been an interesting distraction & I spent a couple of hours messing with it last evening & a bit this afternoon. All guesswork, a saw, a file, the heat gun, a few drops of cyanoacrylate & latterly a spot of undercoat to see how convincing it is & it is. The trial fit was surprisingly good, I’ll finish it & see how I like it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Any ideas? 7 months 3 weeks ago #204009

Just in case anyone is interested.
Attachments:

Any ideas? 6 months 1 week ago #204476

And finally! I thought I’d give it a final fitting, to see how it looks & give you chaps the chance to thumbs up or thumbs down. If it’s thumbs up it’ll stay, if down that doesn’t matter, it was a side project & hasn’t cost me anything other than paint & as with all the other bits, I already had that about me.
M
m
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mnripley

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Any ideas? 6 months 1 week ago #204483

It looks good from that angle. Can you take another photo from slightly further away showing it in relation to the side of the car to get the full view ?

Have you got the materials to do the other side too ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Any ideas? 6 months 1 week ago #204489

Yes I agree it’s a crummy picture, it was an after afterthought before I put it in the garage. Out with the dog now with the MG tucked away, I’ll attend to it later & no I don’t have a matching VW near side mirror housing, I’m waiting for the next “off” on a notorious road near me. BMW are the pole topper with Mercedes, then Audi with VW a lowly fourth.
I’ll have to bide my time, anyway I’ve got lots of other stuff on the go. I’m messing with three phase drives later, fingers out of the way!
M

Any ideas? 6 months 1 week ago #204495

These aren’t much better, in my defence it was a rush rush rush job between torrential rain & the hood was down.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics inserted
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT