Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Help need to to identify part number 8 months 1 week ago #203778

Afternoon all,After too many weeks of being sat still I have finally found time to check and see what coolant hose I need in order to get my TF back on the road...Can anyone help me identify the part number of this hose?Right hand drive TF135, its the hose that connects to the rear of the R/H underfloor metal pipe...Thanks in advance!Andy
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help need to to identify part number 8 months 1 week ago #203780

From your picture it’s not all that straight forward making out which pipe we’re looking at. You would be better served by looking at the Rimmer Bros website & resolving your problem via that.
There’s also an excellent website by a chap named Dieter & you will find the electronic parts catalogue on there. Dieters EPC is slight easier to resolve but not as easy to find as the Rimmers version but both are essentially the same.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

Help need to to identify part number 8 months 1 week ago #203792

Or you could use the Tbar EPC. :whistle: EPC COOLANT
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Help need to to identify part number 8 months 1 week ago #203793

Thanks David. I have a number of 13mm spanner’s but unless I need two I will search out one in particular. It’s like that with technical info, you get used to using one source & how to get to it quickly, even though you are invested in another copy of the same thing & it’s the clearest. It’s almost like recommending a competitors product. I must try harder!
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Help need to to identify part number 8 months 1 week ago #203808

"the hose that connects to the rear of the R/H underfloor metal pipe" may be sufficiently descriptive if you call one of the usual parts suppliers that many of us on here use.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Help need to to identify part number 7 months 3 weeks ago #204043

Hi all,

Thank you for the pointers...

I have finally found a little time to chase this issue again, from what I can see on the parts websites there are a number of options available.

Pretty easy to exclude the part required for an automatic, however the remaining options are different depending on whether that car has PRT (I have no idea what this is or how to find out)... I have read that some of the 2003's did and others did not have PRT, is there any easy way of finding out?

Thanks again

Andy

Help need to to identify part number 7 months 3 weeks ago #204047

There is an entire thread on the PRT posted a few days ago, have a look at that, it's fairly comprehensive in its outlook. In response to a question I responded to on that post ,I'll be putting up a picture to help another member.
M

Help need to to identify part number 7 months 3 weeks ago #204049

Re the PRT there is probably a from vin no??? on Dieter's site (www-mgfcar-de) but that won't really help as a lot of earlier cars had them fitted as an upgrade later on, I've also read that some people also fitted them in different locations. The answer would appear to be download a picture of the PRT and do a visual check on your pipework, happy hunting.

Help need to to identify part number 7 months 3 weeks ago #204050

You are correct about alternative locations, my first iteration had the PRT & plumbing under the spare wheel well at the front. I moved it to the accepted location due to what I considered to be an age before the temperature was up to normal. There was a lot of cutting, changing, shortening lengthening & joining, I ended up being surrounded by bits of scrap rubber, probably sufficient to keep a johnny factory going for a day or so. All that had to be replaced & the mad octopus of PRT pipework had to be acquired.
It still takes longer to get up to temperature than if it were left standard.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT