Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203752

Doctor Dave, he with oil under his finger nails, a blue biro in one hand & the emissions wand in the other, has proscribed another twelve months of legitimate driving after a fault free medical.
I guess, as we are all enthusiast & take an interest in our cars, that when we present for testing we are happy that the mechanical & electrical components are sound. It’s the sound of that emissions wand being thrust up the poor things vent hole that’s the greatest worry. You can do an emergency stop, test the hand brake on a hill, get someone to do a lamp check with you but it’s that bloody catalytic converter & it’s efficacy that makes for a worrying half hour.
I always use the same garage to do all my MOTs, I know them they know me & my vehicles. They know I’m a fussy Bugger & I’ll have checked things so are less likely to go to extremes; this is a technique that pays an annual dividend.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203754

Congratulations!

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203758

Doctor Dave, he with oil under his finger nails, a blue biro in one hand & the emissions wand in the other, has proscribed another twelve months of legitimate driving after a fault free medical.
I guess, as we are all enthusiast & take an interest in our cars, that when we present for testing we are happy that the mechanical & electrical components are sound. It’s the sound of that emissions wand being thrust up the poor things vent hole that’s the greatest worry. You can do an emergency stop, test the hand brake on a hill, get someone to do a lamp check with you but it’s that bloody catalytic converter & it’s efficacy that makes for a worrying half hour.
I always use the same garage to do all my MOTs, I know them they know me & my vehicles. They know I’m a fussy Bugger & I’ll have checked things so are less likely to go to extremes; this is a technique that pays an annual dividend.
M

The irony of this is all you poor buggers have to worry about you emissions test because you have no way to check it before you go
And here I am, no emissions test to worry about, and I can do my own tests anytime with this bloody great thing:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
Attachments:

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203759

It’s all well & good showing us that monstrosity & claiming it’s an emissions tester, it could be anything. It might be used to attract the attention of the Royal Flying Doctor or your original kit from your days on The School of the Air. Just because it’s got a Bosch sticker on it & a sign that says Compac Test doesn’t mean it’ll check O2. The top monitor could have a sticker on the back say 405 lines & the other 625 NTSC, push a few of those buttons & you might get the Australian broadcasting corporation’s answer to Alvar Liddell. This is the ABC calling from Canberra.
My gram had a TV bigger than that to watch Her Majesty’s coronation in 1953.
Some of the younger element on here wouldn’t have the first idea what it might be capable of other than it looks like a refugee from the Soyuz space program.
As always sport,
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203760

The unit consists of 4 components the component in the lower right with the red led readouts is a 4 gas exhaust analyser.
As the pic below shows it will measure hydrocarbons ppm, carbon monoxide percentage, carbon dioxide percentage and oxygen percentage

The component to the left is a good old fashioned automotive oscilloscope, the component above that diagnoses all sorts of stuff and be side that is a printer, it all works and comes in handy when I deal with old cars and when OBD diagnostic instruments can’t give results, of course it’s a little old but so are most of the cars I work on, indeed it’s actually younger than my MGF! And will deal with EFI, wasted spark coil pack ignition systems etc.
Attachments:

The yearly nail bite passes. 9 months 1 day ago #203762

Yeh get out of it you’ve just relabel a microwave!

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

The yearly nail bite passes. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203824

That's a cleaver bit of kit. Are the modules interfaced together so uses a common set of probes and will output to the same display and printer ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

The yearly nail bite passes. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203832

Yeah they’re all interconnected, there is a swing out boom that carries all the connections and another module hangs off if it, that is used to test coil packs

The yearly nail bite passes. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203839

Don’t listen to him, it’s three old microwaves, a couple of portable televisions & some oddments from an Amstrad computer all screwed together.
It’s been well done & convincing but there again we know Cobber’s work is of a high order, I bet it was made for the Mad Max film, Mel Gibson still has a place out in Victoria, I bet he lives up the road & there good mates.
Of course on the off chance it is genuine can I have one please.
M

The yearly nail bite passes. 8 months 3 weeks ago #203853

Immortan Joe would expect no less
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT