Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203403

Hi All,
I need a small top up of oil. Does anyone have any particular brand recommendations?
Regards,
Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203408

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
For top ups, ideally you would use whatever is already in it…………but realistically it won’t matter much just use whatever you can get that is within OEM specifications
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203409

Thanks Cobber,
Issue is I’ve only had the TF a month so don’t have anything not even any unused Freelander oil. That’s 5W/ something anyway.
Magnatec seems to get mentioned a bit so I’ll probably get some of that, plus enough to do the service although it had one in May just before I bought it.
Cheers,
Michael.

Last edit: Post by MAXTHEDOG.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203410

I doubt you can buy a bad oil these days providing it’s a recognised brand. The specifications will be printed on the container, as you well know, if it’s a top up & as the Old Oily Bugger says any OEM spec isn’t going to make a mess.
My Dad would only use Duckhams 20/50, he told me it was green because it had copper in it & that coated the bearings, reducing wear & I still don’t know whether he was having me on or not.
He also told me that Kippers were caught in the Leeds Liverpool canal & that’s why they were oily. That might shine some light on the subject.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAXTHEDOG

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203411

I’ve just noticed your response & noted the comments on the Freelander oil which I think is 5/40 where as ours is 10/40 & that’ll not make a happnywuth of difference. The numbers refer to viscosity, the lower @ 5, 10 or 20 degrees in winter hence the W & the higher number the viscosity @ 100 degrees.
It’s a bit of a blunt instrument for measuring an important perimeter but it seems to have served well. More engines have failed for the lack of the correct oil than have with the wrong oil.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203462

Kippers were caught in the LL canal that what my dad said too, and the tripe mines up in t’ Pennines.

Got some 10W/40 Magnatec as I found the invoice for the service in the paperwork.
It’s so clear it’s difficult to see the actual level but I think 250ml will do it.
Cheers,
Michael.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203465

And the treacle mines in both Sabden & Tockholes. Big business in the two foot & the refinery.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203473

How do they compare for ambiance with the jam butty mines of Knotty Ash
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203476

That was an imaginary place invented for comedic effect!
There’s broken biscuits repair works in Darwen, I believe they are working on a batch of NobNobs & HobHobs; they divided each & reassemble into HobNobs.
M

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203477

It’s the same firm who took every other triangle top out of Toblerone for a while until there was a change of mind, they then refitted them.
I forgot the Oswaldtwistle companies who make blue steam buckets & holders for long stands. Then there’s the mill where they drill the holes in Polo Mints. And who said we don’t make things in this country.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203478

There’s a firm out Driffield way been exporting chicken lips to China for years. Apparently they love ‘em.

TF Engine oil recommendations 9 months 2 weeks ago #203479

Can I assumes that this is an example of one of those wonderful stories of a small stand at the Driffield show with a few samples being visited by a Chinese importer.
The samples were liked, Yuan exchanged & the UK is now deprived of a delicacy once enjoyed by Driffildians for centuries.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT