Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Exhaust 10 months 16 hours ago #203239

The back box is going to need replacing on this project so it might as well be replaced with something that sounds nice. Can anyone tell me where to get a nice sounding one & the brand please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exhaust 10 months 12 hours ago #203244

I recently fitted a mid priced mild steel box for £ 140. Sounds alright and seems well made.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Exhaust 10 months 12 hours ago #203245

What make?

Exhaust 10 months 10 hours ago #203246

Beauty in this case is in the ear of the beholder & the tolerance of the neighbours.
This is a question that has been asked from time to time & as yet I can’t recall a single reply that has become a one size fits all. Budget is a criteria that governs the outcome, there are companies who will make a system to fit your requirements & the ones I’ve seen are nicely engineered, but costly, unless you can find one second hand. The system on mine is a custom Powerflow which conforms to the above criteria, I got it cheap because it was too loud for the original owners wife!
The local Powerflow bloke quietened mine down but it will shout when asked to.
Try & listen to several, but that’ll be difficult as it’s not like finding half a dozen Corsas with different pipes, you’ll find those on any number of supermarket car parks on a Friday evening. The bottom line is you pays your money. - - - - -caveat emptor.
M
You may be fortunate.

Exhaust 9 months 4 weeks ago #203248

I've recently been lavish and fitted a fully Mike Satur stainless system inc race cat, whilst i think its fine and idles at a nice low tone the wife seems to cringe a bit at higher revs with the roar.

For me as a weekend play thing its just right but I could see that point of view,

As airportable says, I don't think there's a single solution for everyone, if fact not sure I'd be happy if it was my daily drive.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Exhaust 9 months 4 weeks ago #203268

Exhaust 9 months 3 weeks ago #203281

A stainless exhaust is a nice thing to have but not an imperative, there’s no doubt that they resonate, fart, pop & crackle better than a mild steel offering but both clear the the exhaust gasses equally as well. It makes sense to have a stainless exhaust if the run is from the front of the car & is complex, the exhaust system doesn’t get thoroughly hot on the shorter runs that we don’t seem to be able to escape, so you then end up with a wet exhaust when you stop & it’s that that rusts a mild steel exhaust.
You don’t have to go far in our car before the system is hot & it dries out within seconds, net result a system that will last. If you fit a standard steel unit & a couple of nice stainless finishes who would know & mores to the point care. Plus those finishers might give you a bit of a rasper.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT