Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203170

Hello,

I need to swap the connector from my old motor (mgf mk1 plug) to the replacement motor (later plug).

Does anyone know if the plug is a straight swap or if not which wires I need connect where to retrofit the old mk1 plug?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203173

Thank you for asking this question, I've had the most wonderful time in stores rooting through stuff that should have been thrown away years ago & yet again this streak of stupidity is now going to help you. It's been a grandchildren weekend & I've been up since five thirty building Lego castles (it should have been Meccano bridges) so I was out in the workshop by seven & I have in my hand the motor with the plug mod. However there is a discrepancy between the wiring diagrams & the motor, so I need to dig further back to verify what I have,
If your motor has Black to ground, light green/ brown, green/slate, blue/light green & red/light green as your other colours then it should be one to one. If however you have solid colours I'll need to work out the correlation between those older arrangement & the newer.
If you're faced with this let me know & ill go further back, but it will be between naps.
M

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203174

There's all sorts of wonders turning up as I go through my collection of stuff, including an adaptor cable thought to have been lost to science & it was in one of my storage boxes all along ! If I'd been around I'd have found the Northwest Passage & the Franklin Expedition alive, well & living with the Eskimo.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203175

Crumbs it never stops, early motor to later colour correlation.
Black on motor to Green/Slate
Green to Black
Brown to Brown/green
Red to Red/Light Green
Blue to Blue/Light Green

I cannot take credit for this info, for the most part its been lifted from Dieters site & to those who haven't found it as yet, go & look.
Other info on these posts, apart from reference to the Franklin expedition, comes from the download section in the Community section on here,
M

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203179

As I’m going to be moving soon, I too will be finding stuff that’s been unseen for so long, there’d be Japanese soldiers that don’t know the war is over, hiding amongst it
( for those of you too young to get the reference….as late as @1980 they were still finding Japanese soldiers that were left behind and forgotten hiding in the jungles of some of the wilder parts of Asia and the Pacific! )
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203184

Just to fling an unwelcome banana skin onto the floor, there are MGlandrover wiper motors that look identical to the original motor except for the plug. The big hidden difference is that the original is earthed via the bolts to the car body. The changelings are earthed through the switch and were fitted to Freelanders.
Ask me how I know, :slapme:
David
:shrug:

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 3 weeks ago #203188

Hello,

Sorry for the slow response, I have been out at cheddar gorge for the day and only just returned, not expecting a reply so quickly.

My original motor wires look like this

The new motor was sourced new from mgfandtf bitz and is a mk2/tf motor I believe and looks like

Weather permitting I will have a go tomorrow.

The previous dead motor was my own silly fault, I have the hydrospheres replaced and forgot to put the cover back on and the motor filled with water!
Attachments:

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 2 weeks ago #203197

I wasn't expecting the replacement motor to have solid colours & the original with colour/tracers, I would have reasoned it to have been the other way around. The earliest circuit diagram I have is, as you might expect of the mk1 f & the wiper motor is shown as having solid colours from the internal terminals to the multipole connector & from its mate, the colour/tracer coding.
I still consider the colour corollary to hold true which ever way you go.
I assume you were off walking around Cheddar, what was the weather like? I kept peeping out from behind the curtains but it's been grim up north for the last few days, I was hoping to get my new walking shoes worn in before we're off on our next holiday.
M

Wiper motor plug swap 9 months 2 days ago #203480

Thank you so much for your help, it worked a treat, I just completely forgot to reply.

The walking in cheddar was lovely minus the wind and rain, made even better by a stop off at Wilkins cider farm in the way home for localcheese and cider supplies.

Now hopefully we have something if a summer soon so I can get out and enjoy the MG, on the plus side I now have working wipers so there's no excuse not to be out enjoying it.

Thank you again for your help.

Best wishes

Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT