Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203079

Hi!

If the rubber has worn out ( found bits of it at bottom of door ! ) will it have the effect of making my side window rattle or just over shoot when closing the window ?

Anyone know of any replacement for just the rubber part ?

regards
kevin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203084

I wonder if your like me and object to paying 12 quid or so when all you need is a bit of rubber to fit on the end, I tried looking on line for something suitable but no luck. I did consider casting a new end on it using melted plastic milk bottles which according to You Tube can be moulded but never got around to trying it.

Your idea of just leaving it has some disadvantages, the window may override the stop as if I recall correctly the rubber is slightly oversize width wise. Secondly the impact on the metal stop may over time damage the plastic fixed stop on the window glass added to this it will probably rattle and annoy the hell out of you.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203085

As I recall I recovered the piece from the door bottom, tacked it together with a spot of cyanoacrylate, put some heat shrink over the lot & until you mentioned it forgot all about it.
M

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203088

Thanks. Will experiment with some double sided draught excluder , doubled over for thickness and wrapped over to go over the metal lip and then to stick to itself . If works will post a picture. Maybe some duck tape for part that would connect with the plastic window stop so that isn’t sticky.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203089

Hoping that is indeed one of the annoying rattles

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203090

I wonder if something soft enough could be 3d printed . Not that I have a 3d printer.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203097

Re annoying rattles whilst the door card is off check all the window adjusters there are so many one might be loose, but be careful you don't throw the window adjustment out, Dieters site https://www-mgfcar-de has good info on the adjusters.
I also found fitting sound proofing to the doors made a big difference, not quite Bentley but definitely not MG anymore.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203098

It’s always good to see Dieter’s site being high lit. Even after referring to it over the year of MGf ownership I’ll still find bits of interest.

Re:Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203106

A piece of flatted plastic tube pushed over works well, it has for me, although there is a plastic update available cant provide a part number though.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203134

Got around to trying to unscrew the l shaped bracket and in very tight. Will try some wd40 on it.

Found one source of rattle : an electrical connector towards the lock bashing against the door over bumps. Some double sided tape hopefully to sort that out.

And a lot of play in the blue thing that holds the window and moves up and down the slide rail. Seems to be only at the bottom of it. Will try and tighten the bottom nut, as I have read. People seem to mention other fixes , but I don’t understand them so far.

Effect of no rubber on windows stop CUN100390 9 months 2 weeks ago #203158

Managed to remove bracket today. Here is what I did in case it helps anyone

First image shows double sided foam tape, part doubled over to increase thickness, this thicker side will go to 'bottom' of bracket , towards the window stop

Second shows placed on the bracket

Third shows some duct tape on the side towards the window stop : hopefully will make it last a little longer.

Then trimmed to size and fitted.

( by the way tightening the bolt on the windows slide has helped with the rattling : thanks for all the information on here )
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT