Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #202937

The near side side support of the hood frame on my '99 MGF has parted from the bar that runs across the front of the hood. Is this repairable by welding or will I need new frame parts?
I have recently moved to Ayr in Scotland from East Anglia where I lived fairly close to MGOC headquarters in Cambridgeshire so have lost my advice team. Does anyone know of a garage anywhere in Scotland or Northern England that could carry out the necessary repair please, the closer to Ayr the better but am willing to travel and make a short break of it if necessary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #202947

Hum you’re a long way up the country or more accurately it’s a long way down to where I would recommend you take it or at least the place I feel would be the greatest help. That would be
MGF&TFBITZ in Glossop, you’ll easily find their number if Googled & Darren is the man.
You won’t pass many posts on here without some reference.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: joejanny

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #202950

Can you post up a photo of the parts that have come apart. We can then check on out own cars to try to work out if this is a part of the hood frame which can in theory be replaced on it's own
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #202960

Hopefully the damage will be recognisable from these:-
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #202977

Do you visit friends/relatives back in East Anglia or vice versa, if so and someone is willing to come via Holbeach Lincs you can have a frame gratis, I really want rid but hate throwing things away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joejanny

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #203001

Joe 2 days ago you were offered a free replacement hood frame by a kind member of this forum, something that will resolve your woes. Are you planning to respond to that ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Hood frame come apart 10 months 2 weeks ago #203025

Thanks for the offer but, after a couple of days thinking about it, it'll be some while before we're down that way again.
I've had a word with a vehicle body repairs place that was recommended to me at my bowls club and they seem confident it's only a weld and that they can do the job. They're also going to fit the new hood for me so, fingers crossed, I may be sorted soon.
At the worst, the hood is now up so, should I have to go elsewhere to get the job done, I won't get wet if it rains.

Hood frame come apart 9 months 1 week ago #203505

Frame now welded and new hood fitted by a local car body repair place. Working well and looks a treat.

Hood frame come apart 9 months 1 week ago #203524

Thats a great result. Does the hood open and close without any issue now ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT