Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mgtf135 11 months 2 weeks ago #202153

Just started up the car and tapping noise coming from the engine oil pressure seems fine and it runs smoothly sounds like a tappet!. All suggestions very welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mgtf135 11 months 2 weeks ago #202155

If it has not been driven for some time, I would suspect that oil has not properly reached the hydraulic tappets. If the problem persists, after oil is fully up to temperature, ask again. I have experienced a similar noise after winter lay-ups. It has gone away after the first long run (so far!)

Mgtf135 11 months 2 weeks ago #202156

When I've been away for a while & left the car forlorn, the oil drain back into the sump to slumber until reawakened by the turning of the key. It then greets me with what can only be described as a cross between bag of bones being shaken & clatter of a demented clock. A few moments later when the oil is back in the hydraulic tappets it's little noisier than the Prius taxi that nearly ran over my foot whilst it used my drive as useful place to wait until his fare was ready.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Mgtf135 10 months 3 weeks ago #202434

Many thanks for the reply and you are right the noise has gone after a decent run
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT