Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Lexus Style Rear Light Gasket 2 years 4 months ago #197824

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered before, I did try to find a topic on this but with no luck.

My boot has a substantial leak from both rear lights. I ordered replacement gaskets thinking they would 'fit all MGF/TF' and have now realised that that doesn't include the Lexus Style lights. I have taken both out of the car and the gaskets really are a mess and are definitely the cause of the pool of water I found in the boot. I can't seem to find any replacements online though, does anyone know where I could get some?

Thanks as always!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Lexus Style Rear Light Gasket 2 years 4 months ago #197825

I've got Lexus lights on Felix and the gaskets are different.

You could get some non porous foam for going under laminate flooring maybe and cut out some new ones?

Also check the two body seams at the front corners of the boot opening (in the recess area). They are known leak points as hardly ever sealed!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Re:Lexus Style Rear Light Gasket 2 years 4 months ago #197827

You know what, that gave me an idea. I compared the old gasket with the new ones I bought and it turns out that the new ones are simply too big which means I could try cutting them to size by laying the old ones on top of them and cutting around the shape.

I have to find a suitable knife for this but I think I'll give this a go over the next week and will update on how it went.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re:Lexus Style Rear Light Gasket 2 years 4 months ago #197828

Treat yourself to a #3 Swann Morton scalpel handle and some Swann Morton #11 blades. Other blade shapes are available.

Re:Lexus Style Rear Light Gasket 2 years 4 months ago #197830

Or bin the Lexus type rubbish and put proper lights back in.......dunno why anyone would want a proper British car to look like a tarted up Toyota which is all most Lexus are!
They're just more dreary Jap-crap to me, bloody smart phones on wheels!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT