Sign In   Register

Topic

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192821

My mate has a DeWalt rattle gun, both the impact wrench and the smaller impact gun, both are amazing tools and ones on my list to buy.
I do have a DeWalt 18v impact drill, so I have the battery and charger.
I also have one of the slightly older 24v impact SDS drills that is an absolute dream tool, especially being an electrician, its paid for itself times over!
I recently bought a 3rd party 5aH battery for the 24v drill from ebay, at about a 3rd the cost of the DeWalt original, and it works fantastic, so if you are after spare batteries, check out the compatibles that are available for less than half the cost of the OEM units.

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192823

My impact driver was the first of my DeWalt purchases and I have used it on a daily basis....I first bought a 4ah 3rd party battery which I was very happy with untill one day it came loose from the gun...I noticed cracks appearing from the casing screws which opened up to the point where the screws broke out and needs a new case...so I suspect it didn't handle the vibration from the impact guns hammer....but would of been better used on the drill....my DeWalt angle grinder on the other hand wants to eat 5ah batteries...hence me buying the 9ah flexvolt..it turns those tools into beasts..but a bit heavy when fitted on the impact gun...wouldn't touch mains gear any more it's a great sense of freedom to lose that wire.... although the impact gun is a great tool..I've only had limited use for it at home....did learn a lesson not to use the gun on car jacks...in the USA they sold a socket that connected the impact driver to scissor jacks...oh I thought...I made one and used it on the mg...it was in the air like a F1 racecar...worked for about 10 jackings before the jack gave in to the abuse...chucked the socket in the nearest skoda

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192828

I didn't even know you could get 3rd party batteries, I could do with a couple of more powerful ones for my Ryobi gear.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192829

I paid £20 for a 4ah battery....you could even buy the stickers for them with yours or your company name on them..I've also seen bare cases so you can add your own cells...it always amazed me on eBay how people buy batteries sold as not working...I guess they are going to put new cells in the case.....Ryobi 3rd party batteries are peanuts.there is 6.0 ah for around £45....has for my DeWalt 9.0ah battery won't charge from a standard 18volt charger as it is 54 volt rated has well ..so I have the DeWalt site radio which will charge these....the flexvolt 9ah is 9.0ah at 18 volt and I think 3ah at 54 volts....biggest DeWalt battery I've seen yet is a 12ah...ok if you build a ebike

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192832

I didn't even know you could get 3rd party batteries, I could do with a couple of more powerful ones for my Ryobi gear.

I have a couple 6Ah batteries for my 18V Ryobi gear.
Mark
95 MGF

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192839

• jelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Well yesterday I had a go at undoing crank bolt with my 3/4 breaker bar couldn't touch it but my rattle gun came today not a make but suppose to be 460nm it is tiny gun but two seconds later bolt was on floor bloody hell should have treated myself to one of these years ago!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Cambelts ? 4 years 3 weeks ago #192845

Love those power tools...ditch the cable I say...been doing a bit of drilling into wood with my cordless DeWalt drill today...like Sundance says..they are a dream to use and save a lot of effort...I drilled a tree stump with this 600mm auger...no sweat....
Attachments:

Cambelts ? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192853

Love those power tools...ditch the cable I say...been doing a bit of drilling into wood with my cordless DeWalt drill today...like Sundance says..they are a dream to use and save a lot of effort...I drilled a tree stump with this 600mm auger...no sweat....

Did the Carling kill the tree stump? I use Resolva but I guess it's much the same :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Cambelts ? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192854

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis

Did the Carling kill the tree stump? I use Resolva but I guess it's much the same :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Same result or same taste? :-?
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Cambelts ? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192855

Same result or same taste? :-?

Both :lol: :lol: :lol:
Robin ;)

Cambelts ? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192861

Yes I had too many Carling that day...bit of sunshine and a lockdown...got me out in the garden...how effective is resolva...my plan was to drill in the stump 600mm deep and fill the blighters with salt.

Cambelts ? 4 years 2 weeks ago #192862

Yes I had too many Carling that day...bit of sunshine and a lockdown...got me out in the garden...how effective is resolva...my plan was to drill in the stump 600mm deep and fill the blighters with salt.

I've had some success with it. I drilled lots of holes and filled them up with glyphosate weedkiller (like Resolva). The stuff I used was actually agricultural strength but my mate who's a tree feller reckons Resolva works.
Robin ;)

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT