Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mould prevention 4 years 4 months ago #192162

I have the Mike Satur Storm cover - the one that covers the glass, but parked here in wet South Devon, there is already mould all over the inside. I'm going to drop the windows an inch or so to let air circulate, but is there any product I can spray to stop it forming in the first place? Or should I get a cover for the cover? An all over cover maybe? But I don't want to damage the paintwork if it flaps about in the wind.

thanks

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mould prevention 4 years 4 months ago #192163

Get a couple of microwavable damp cushions. They work a real treat! When the blue dot goes pink just microwave for a few minutes and use it again! You can get them in Asda.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Re:Mould prevention 4 years 4 months ago #192174

You can buy a mold killer in spray form...I used it once when some pure orange got split in the boot and it kept forming a mold..sprayed it and it went...and I store the mg with some of those damp removers that you place in caravans out of season...come in different fragrances...the have crystals in a pot and if it's really damp you can see the water in the pot when you come to throw them away
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Re:Mould prevention 4 years 3 months ago #192207

I wipe the interior over with Dettol mould and mildew killer every so often.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Mould prevention 4 years 3 months ago #192226

I have a car cover, but one reason I dont use long term over winter is because of the possibility of mould inside the cockpit. I prefer to run the engine a couple of times a week and air the car out a bit and drive it at least once a week if only for a couple of miles, just to keep the brakes free and clutch arm working.
I only use my car cover after detailing the car before a show or event so it stays nice and dry and clean for the morning so I can just take the cover off and drive off.

Sundance

Re:Mould prevention 4 years 3 months ago #192227

I noticed mould the other day on the seatbelt webbing and also weirdly on the leather seats in places!

Gotta get some time and really dry it out. Clearly I need more damp collectors.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Mould prevention 4 years 3 months ago #192232

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
in another car I had an electric dehumidifier that I let run for one or two hours every day.

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT