Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

It’s our first anniversary 4 years 11 months ago #190438

It’s one year to the day I took ownership of Tif. I would love to say it was a trouble free on, cause it’s been far from that. However even though Tif has ploughed through my bank account faster the the wife n kids combined, and I’ve spent 3 times more than I have on my 75 in 6 years, I’ve loved every minute of ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

It’s our first anniversary 4 years 11 months ago #190440

Good for you Nigel, your car looks great. Its all a labour of love or so I keep reminding myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelOBB

It’s our first anniversary 4 years 11 months ago #190444

Well done that man . That's the way of F n TF ownership I'm afraid . Take my 05 TF for instance . Last year I woke it up from its hibernation and found that the BCU wouldn't recognise one of the fobs . Sent both of the fobs and BCU to Technozen for repair and alls well . This year I wake it up and the drivers door lock is making a noise like a machine gun . Ok , that's another phone call to MGF n TF bits then .
:bang:

John

It’s our first anniversary 4 years 11 months ago #190447

Good work Nigel, a credit to the Marque!

Sundance

Re:It’s our first anniversary 4 years 11 months ago #190456

My wife disperses sometimes lol. I think most peeps would have walked away from the little 115, but like my other cars I thought they were worth saving.

On the plus side, with in the last 3 years it’s been fully under sealed and had new sub frame mounts all round. whoever did the work even greased the bolts, which was a pleasant surprise when dropping the front subframe to change the n/s bottom wishbone.

I hope to sort the bodywork out this year.

It’s a great little car despite its tantrums lol, may 75 seems to look at it with despair 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Re:It’s our first anniversary 4 years 10 months ago #190652

I'm also coming up for my first anniversary - and 12 months on I've changed the timing belt, replaced a blown head gasket, replaced sub-frame mounts, fitted a new hood, as well as various other 'tweaks', but wouldn't change it, it may keep me busy but you can't beat thrashing through the countryside after a day at work with the wind in your hair and a grin on your face :broon:

Re:It’s our first anniversary 4 years 10 months ago #190653

@ Gavin207 . Got the TF but no hair ! :nonod: :( :nonod:
Happy Anniversary.
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gavin207

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT