Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184806

Many, many years ago I was a member of the MG Car Club and now that I have finally bought my MGF I am wondering if there is any need to join either of the 2 main clubs, i.e. MG Car Club or MG Owners' Club?

What are the major benefits of either of them?

But I am not into going to shows, I am not into going out for group owner meets, I think the magazine published by the MG Car Club is naff, I am not into going to race meetings and I most certainly am not at all interested in track days.

So as this is the case would there be any benefit for me if I joined either of these clubs?

Many thanks for your considered thoughts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184810

Hi
I think you have already answererd your own question, what point indeed🙄🙄🙄

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184813

Joining a mg club and not wanting to go to meetings..can't be botherd with track days or meeting people......well that's like going fishing and not taking a fishing rod innit.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184818

Attachments:

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184819

There would be very few benefits for you to join a club which implies some social interaction. You could get some money of your insurance but probably not enough to cover your membership fee. The MGOC could help with technical advice and access to spares (some of which they make) but you can probably find most things you need via Google & eBay. The MGCC runs the F Register which can be another source of advice although you can join their FB group without being a member. Was there a reason you bought an MGF other than for dodgy transport? Nice Springer by the way.
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184820

Some insurance brokers (classic car policies mainly) will give a discount if a member of a recognized car club.

However this is usually about the same as the club membership, so effectively you are getting the club membership for free!

I doubt club membership benefits are much different to when you were a member, so if you didn't see value for money then, then you probably wont see value for money now.

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184821

Cheaper classic car insurance would be top of my list.
I'm in the Potteries MG club and it costs me a tenner a year, get that back and more in insurance discount because I am a member.
Club meetings are fun too and they do arrange a few good run outs, I usually do three a year, so nothing too much.
Sundance

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184822

Some insurance brokers (classic car policies mainly) will give a discount if a member of a recognized car club.

However this is usually about the same as the club membership, so effectively you are getting the club membership for free!

I doubt club membership benefits are much different to when you were a member, so if you didn't see value for money then, then you probably wont see value for money now.

In fact, Lancaster said they were giving me a discount on my insurance for being a member of The-T-Bar!! :-)

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184828

Joined the air fix modellers club once.they sent my membership form back with a sorry letter

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184830

Was there a reason you bought an MGF other than for dodgy transport? Nice Springer by the way.

The Springer in question is my gorgeous and rescued Buzz, he is almost 6 and has 2 other rescued Springers to keep him company, our entire life revolves around ensuring their collective well being.

Why did I/we decide to buy an MGF well the decision was a total no brainer, we have always loved them and we both love the purity of the original design and when 'Madge' came up for sale along with a total history file from day one we simply had to get her.
I will be amazed if we do more than 1,500 miles a year and we will only ever go out on balmy clear blue sky days.

As for the Club thing, a small local club might just give me more than one of the sudo clubs which are in effect these days nothing more and nothing less than commercial enterprises!

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184833

since I joined the Abingdon MG club I have had loads of help and pointers in directions I never knew existed, I agree the mag is naff but it comes free and sometimes some interesting articles to read when I get fed up, also I had a huge saving on my insurance through Lancaster insurance £120 a year the tax was a pig though £280, but when your out there with the roof down and enjoying the sun the price is non-existent, if you want to join, then join if you don't then don't it's up to you to decide what benifits you will get ,

Which MG car club if any should I join? 6 years 1 month ago #184835

I think in your case the main clubs would probably be of no advantage-but join a local car club (were members of our local Staffordshire Moorlands MG Club)it costs £10 /year and we get the social side of a car club -we gained good friends with a common interest and no regimentation.We go out with our club members to car shows or just on planned weekend run outs to local places of interest.

Regrds
Mike

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by g4wam.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT