Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180907

Hi Folks. Looking to change my back box but i am unsure which one to purchase. Budget is limited so torn between Toyosports and uk-performance, both from e-bay. All advice warmly accepted :yesnod:

STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST BACK BOX FOR MGF MK2 MG TF 160 115 120/135 1.8i VVC 16V
Completed

STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM SILENCER BACK BOX FOR ROVER MGTF MGF MG TF 1.8 02-05
Buy It Now

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Postman87. Reason: additional info

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180914

I fitted the Toyosports back box to my MGF vvc a year ago, it was easy enough and just took a morning to do (the old box was a sod to get off) The sound is great, now I like throaty exhausts but the toyosports gives you a nice sound without waking up the neighbours! I paid £160 and think its good value.

Regards
Simon

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180920

My TF (1600) back box finally failed so thought I'd spend a wee bit extra and go for a stainless one if I could get one at a reasonable price.
Having trawled for a fortnight without luck looking for one off a broken motor I went for the uk performance one off ebay (at £165 then!) delivered and hoped for the best.
Very impressed with both the quality and the fast delivery.
Fitting was perfect, although I did need to remove the bumper as it comes with 2 fixed hangers.

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180925

Thanks for your input guys. Think i'm going to have to toss a coin on this one.

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180957

I'm pretty much in same position and keep looking for a secondhand one off ebay but any thing good was collection only. The two you have listed are cheap for new ones, I thought the common consensus was the Daytona was the best?

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180963

I'm pretty much in same position and keep looking for a secondhand one off ebay but any thing good was collection only. The two you have listed are cheap for new ones, I thought the common consensus was the Daytona was the best?

Hi jelly thanks for your reply. From what I've read the Daytona is top of the wish list for a lot of owners. Unfortunately the price is way to much for me. Having looked at the other options I ended up opting for the Toyosport. Although I did change my mind a few times. The uk performance one comes from Japspeed in Manchester, who have a good reputation. In the end you pays your money and hope for the best. Once fitted I'll post to let you know my opinion of the Toyosport.

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180965

I would say that - 'money no object' - the Daytona every time.
However you are talking twice the price of a Toyosports.
David
:shrug:

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 7 months ago #180966

Did see a second hand daytona on ebay for not much more than a new cheap one but wasn't in a reasonable distance from me. Be very interested how you get on,sometimes think a toyosport for that price is a no brainer?

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 6 months ago #181120

Fitted said stainless steel exhaust + cat and a not planned flexi downpipe, ( but that's another story ). Not happy with seal between cat and flexipipe. Not a fan of paste. Toyosports back box came with performance gasket which gave a great seal between back box and cat. Any idea where i can get a performance gasket for cat /flexipipe joint. Can't​ seem to find them anywhere. Toyosports only supply them with back box not on their own 😥

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 6 months ago #181121

Paste is not a good idea before the cat as it can squeeze out in to the inside, harden off and get blasted off and into the cat.

Can you not use the better gasket before the cat?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Postman87

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 6 months ago #181122

Hi talkingcars Might have to try that if i have no luck obtaining a decent gasket. The leaks not bad but it is there.

Changing back box-but which one 6 years 6 months ago #181124

A smear of paste around the outside of the joint once you've bolted it all up tight should sort it.

Tip* get it nice and hot then use paste.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Postman87, stevew

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.147 seconds