Sign In   Register

Topic

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171682

I'm with mgtfbluestreak on the Land Rover, mine remains on the road all year, the TF is already on a sorn & the F will be tucked up at the end of October. I live on the 1000ft contour & above the nominal snow line, so during some weeks of the year to be without the Landy would make village life difficult. The dark days are a great time to catch up on repairs, my garage is just big enough to work on them, so bits can come off, be cleaned, painted for reassembly.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171694

especially when they find out how much you've spent on cars, tools and other important stuff! :bust:

You don't tell her do you?
Most of my stuff is less VAT ;)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171782

yes soon be time for those frosty photos of mgs again :(
Attachments:

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171783

Felix is in use all year. I have a Range Rover too, so in really bad conditions I don't have to worry, but in all honesty there is nothing better than hood down on a frosty but sunny Winters day.... it's brilliant!
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171787

Felix is in use all year. I have a Range Rover too, so in really bad conditions I don't have to worry, but in all honesty there is nothing better than hood down on a frosty but sunny Winters day.... it's brilliant!

how did you get on fitting your core plugs to the range rover?

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171796

Personally I'd rather use my F than my ZS in snow.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171802

how did you get on fitting your core plugs to the range rover?

All done now.. ended up taking the entire V8 out (now have a 2 tonne engine crane!). I changed all 8 core plugs, did rear seals, cleaned the casing, put in a new flex plate on the flywheel, cleaned all the wiring and connectors and recovered any wiring that looked ropey.... oh and did away with the rusty rattling exhaust trims and wrapped the manifolds. He has to be taken for his MOT now, but amazingly now sounds like a car half his age/mileage (170k)...

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171803

This year my F has a cozy garage to hide out in. (My first ever!) and I now have a Freelander to take up the daily commuting duties.
When my insurance runs out in a month or so the MG will be going up on stands so that I can take care of a lot of jobs that were put off while it was my daily driver
including suspension spheres, braided clutch hose and hopefully a stainless back-box. The savings on insurance will more than pay for that.
I do have a Battery Tender on it to keep the electrics happy.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171810

Bloody hell Rich, what does the missus think about you parking the car in the music room? :whistle:
Robin ;)

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171813

That has to be one of the best garages I've ever seen!!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171815

Nice carpet so you can lie under the car in a comfotable way... (Keep some of the savings for a new carpet would be my advice)

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 8 months ago #171818

I drive my mgf all year round
To me its more than a car to get out when the sun is out

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT