Sign In   Register

Topic

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171827

Another wimp I'm afraid goes off the road and tucked away in the garage end of November and SORN, but I'm also another one of those sad guys who would rather stand in the rain myself than let the car get wet lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171835

mine to. Try and get it back on the road feb/march

Nice time to get jobs done

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171843

Hope this guy doesnt put his mg away for the winter....
Attachments:

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171848

Bloody hell Rich, what does the missus think about you parking the car in the music room? :whistle:

We just moved into a new place and she said "Do what you want with the garage, The rest is mine!" :woohoo:

( Nice carpet so you can lie under the car in a comfotable way... (Keep some of the savings for a new carpet would be my advice)
Nope! no carpet.....
The floor is epoxy. I can spill brake fluid on it and it just wipes up. Best thing I could have done, although the fleck pattern makes dropped screws disappear!

I had the floor coated before we moved in so there was no oil contamination under it. Then I bought some proper cabinets, to hold all of my car magazines and books,
racking to hang the hardtops, and some nice bright LED lighting. Since the picture was taken I added a workbench.
All of the non-garage stuff was in my den in the old house, which I don't have in the new place so the garage is a mix of workshop and hangout.
My son-in-law had a small wine fridge he didn't need so it's now my beer cooler. I can hardly wait for retirement in a couple of years!
Next I will have to hook up my old 1970's stereo complete with a turntable for the vinyl. B)

I did measure the garage up for a hoist but it would have made moving around too tight as it's only one car wide. This is a blessing in disguise
as my wife is too nervous to back her Kia through the narrow doorway. My Freelander fits in neatly though! :drive:

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171852

I'm jealous . Great workspace !

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171860

Thanks! I've had a lot of years working on my cars in a wet and windy carport so this is going to be a treat.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT