Sign In   Register

Topic

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171555

Just wondering how many are parking their MG up for the winter?

Mine will shortly be tucked up in its garage until the spring.

I would love to drive it round all winter, it would be lovely to drive, but with them so prone to rust I cannot bring myself to take it out in the wet weather or worse still salty roads!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171559

mine too, tucked away already

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171561

Mine's kept in a dry garage all year and only taken out on dry nice days. You cannot beat a drive out on a bright crisp winters day with the heaters on full blast. So mines used all year round weather pending.

:beer: :beer: Steve

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171565

I only use mine on dry days as well. I gringe if it gets rain on it.

Much as I love it, the corrosion protection seems minimal at best and I just don't think it is built well enough to last if used in all weathers.

Such a shame because the hard top idea is great to transform it in the winter!

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171567

Mine gets used more in winter than summer, don't know why, it just seems to be that it spends longer in summer needing the next thing fixed.

Regardless of the date on the calendar - wipers off, roof off.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171568

mine goes for its mot soon and is then garaged till may.....i dont use the mg for work has i have a van......and with having another 2 cars.....i only feel the need to bring the mgtf out on better sunny days....so thats the renault kangoo van for work,the kia cerato for supermarkets,the mazda 6 for motorways and long trips...and the mgtf for sunny days out in the country and no salt exposure in the winter .......at the moment im thinking of making or buying some skates for the mgtf......no not for winter but to move the car across the garage floor to get max space in garage :wave:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171571

I find with all my MGs that they like to get driven, parking them up for several months does them no favours.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevew, SundanceUK

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171581

I find with all my MGs that they like to get driven, parking them up for several months does them no favours.

I agree with James. I avoid driving once the roads are salted but that's it. Black waxoyl gives good protection for day-to-day driving.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171582

Sours is due it's mot soon then it'll be put away but will still be ready for action on a crisp winter day runout :broon:

We layed it up properly last year and very nearly sold it as we were peed off looking at it and not using it!!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171583

wimps!
Mine is my daily drive and goes from Congleton up to Buxton almost whatever the weather!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171585

No garage and driven all the year round, only exception is when it snows, as they are undrivable on white stuff!
I do like the roof off on a crisp winters day! also I do fancy FRL if its on in Feb, so hopefully will try to get down for that one!

Sundance

Who else is parking the mg up for the winter? 7 years 7 months ago #171589

@Glenrover why already parked away while its out there 25 - 30 degrees ?
This week I'll be enjoying the F to the max (at least in Holland it's gonna be great weather) :woohoo:

I would love to drive mine al year round but I can't park it indoors near my house. So every end of october till half march it is put away.
Till this moment it did directly start and the I directly put a can of injector cleaner in the tank.
Only once the immobiliser was giving me trouble but soon I'd sorted that out (with a new battery). :slapme:

Last edit: Post by The driving dutchman.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT