Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #168932

• Hammy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hammy
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
Has anyone here fitted a new carpet set...the full one you can get from runners or Newton's?

How big a job is it,?

Nothing wrong with mine, they fit perfect and look as good as new, I just fancy a new colour...and fancy a red carpet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #168936

I need a new drivers side carpet, there a big hole that a previous owner wore in to it and its irritating me no end. Having had the interior out of mine, it looks and easy enough job

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #168937

It is quite involved but not difficult.

You need to remove both seats and the complete centre console but that is only 10 T50 torx screws (8 if you don't disconnect the seat belts) and some Philips screws, you may need to remove trim at the bottom of the A pillar and loosen the T bar.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #168947

I seem to recall that initially the carpet was in one piece but changed to two pieces, (driver and passenger side) on the mk2 F and onwards. So you may not have to remove the centre console depending on your particular car.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #168992

I have installed the Newton carpet set in my MGF and it was very easy to do. The fit is better than the factory one around the bottom front corner of the door, but still not perfect. Newton's carpet set does come in two pieces, which makes it pretty easy to ease it up under the console without having to remove the centre console.
Mark
95 MGF

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169012

Hi guys . On the subject of carpets , does anyone know the part number for the plastic fasteners that hold the carpet to the floor pan . I ordered some from Rimmers but they sent me ordinary firr tree fasteners . Cheers John .

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169013

A vote for Newton Commercial here:

Pretty easy to strip and then refit as they are in two pieces (plus rear panel - and mats of you want them).

This is a while ago now but you can see changing colour really lifts the interior:

Plus these carpets were in my F Meg for years before I swapped them over to my TF Felix and they still look great after a scrub up.

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169033

Do they do single ones does anyone know. Mines are perfect save for a big hole in the outside corner on the drivers side from a heel. No point chucking out the passenger or the back one.

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169051

Newton only seem to do sets - but no harm calling them they are a friendly family company.

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169060

Strange, the TF 5 piece set is dearer than the MK1&2 MGF sets :-?

Full carpet set 7 years 11 months ago #169089

Sent off an email to Newtons and unfortunately they only supply in the full sets. Looks like I'll be picking up a drivers side carpet in a scrapyard or ebay.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT