1760 Aus dollars =£872
David
:shrug:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168605

The only way to go that you know will work with no issues; plus the most cost effective will be TF frames. You can pick them up complete from flea bay at a good price; you can then refurb them (shot blast, powder coat or galv and they will run the life of the car) I know it's a lot more work than fitting a suplex or some other kit (that the seller will be fobing you off with some compomise as you will have issues with the set up) but you can refurb the TF frames while your F is still having a good summer run and swap the over frames over during winter.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168627

From that website

1760 Aus dollars =£872

Ok...... I called Stuart Ratcliff from RV8 Cars/The MG Centre (different names for the same business) and yes he still does them, currently he's out of stock but he'll have another batch in @ 6 weeks time. The price quoted on the site includes our 10% GST (goods & services tax) which, as your a bunch of Johnnie Foreigners.......you wont have to pay that, so you'll get it cheaper until you pay shipping, local taxes & duties as may be applicable.

Now I've only heard good reports about this bloke and his products, I think I seem to remember that he was president of the MG Car Club of NSW, and is highly regarded, so I can only say that it's reasonable to assume it does what it says on the tin.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in, cairnsys

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168656

Did someone not say part of the kit comes from the Uk in the first place? The shocks maybe? Is there scope to just buy the rest from him and get the shocks over this side of the world to cut the cost more?No sense shipping parts from the UK to Australia and back again.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168664

Yes, I checked you can buy the kit without the gaz shocks.
On another forum about 18 months ago there was a post giving exact cost + shipping + customs. but buying the shocks here you save quite a bit and some have already fitted gaz shocks anyway.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168718

I've posted Stuart the question on costs for the Aussie kit (less dampers) plus an indication of freight charges to the UK - if I get response, I'll pass on the information. His kit does look to be well engineered and suitable for the Scottish Outback.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168799

for about 6 years I had a problem with the hydragas suspension dropping on the n/s every year by 1cm no more no less I had all the system checked each sphere checked complete drain and refill but nothing cured it so looked into replacing it all BUT the cost was just to much considering the market value of the F. I compared the cost with how many times I could get sus pumped up which was a lot of times then got the idea of buying my own pump to do the job myself . so I brought a small pump that prob wouldn't do a full pump up but would get me through the problem I have.
This cured the problem .. no I mean the actually problem ever since I brought the pump the suspension hasn't dropped again so I've never used it lol

Anyway after boring you all with that imo I would go for scrap TF bits at this stage of the cars life unless you don't mind spending the market value of your car on suspension

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168800

Options are

1. Keep replacing spheres with used ones.
2. Nick the spheres from the project car and scrap the car.
3. Fit TF sub frames.
4. Suplex
5.Aussie suplex.
6. Regassed spheres.

Thoughts?

Option 7.Buy a tf :coat:

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168859

Option 7.Buy a tf :coat:

Most of my mods would swap over to a TF but the heated screen would be an issue and then there is the problem of preferring the mk1 MGF over other versions.
And how much would a 50k car in good condition cost? B)

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 11 months ago #168862

Fair comment talking cars...when I had a series 3 land rover I preferd them and still do to any other land rover model...maybe because it was my first land rover and brought back good memories......never been in a f...so I couldn't compare them with the tf...i don't know the difference between a mk1 and a mk2 f

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 10 months ago #168889

The mk2 and the TF have the same interior, the mk1 is basically the same but the centre console is different.

However both Fs have a different softer ride than the TF.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Hydragas - what are the options? 7 years 10 months ago #168893

Hi All,

Just joined the T-Bar and thanks to many of your great How-To's saved myself a fair amount of cash thus far...

FYI - I have just stumped out for the Aussie Kit (no Gaz Shocks yet /still using the factory ones) and have it installed
a few days ago. This based on largely David's reviews of the UK suplex units.
I have gusseted the rear mounts as a precaution and thus far have been thrilled with the results.
Thoroughly recommend the kit, well built (high praise from a Kiwi to an Aussie indeed) :dry:

http://www.rv8mg.com.au/downloads/401527/mgf+suspension+introduction.pdf

Used spheres in NZ go for around $NZ200 (UK100 pounds?) so selling them helps
offset the cost a bit, and I have 3 good ones to sell.....

Just be aware of local import/customs duties GST etc etc..and dont tell the missus....
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Blow-in, cairnsys

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT