Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 1 week ago #47466

Rich,

I run 195's on the front and no rubbing issues, also my car is on pins and lowered (320mm f, 315mm r) the camber is noticable when you look at the car from the front but I all I have done it just the 4 wheel tracking. I made a decision that Tyres were cheaper than the Camber adjusters.

T

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Tourbillon.

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 1 week ago #47473

• Ozzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

Rich,

I run 195's on the front and no rubbing issues, also my car is on pins and lowered (320mm f, 315mm r) the camber is notiable when you look at the car from the front but I all I have done it just the 4 wheel tracking. I made a decision that Tyres were cheaper than the Camber adjusters.

T

i used the gammon and brown lowering knuckles, and Gaz adjustable dampers...
sent the car to Back on Track in guildford to do a full Geo back to as close to a fast road/light track geo as we could get...
i think the settings they settled on was something like 2mm toe in front, 1.5mm toe in rear, cant adjust camber, but they said it shouldnt rub, and certainly i have never felt it rub... (this could ofcourse be wrong as i cant remember for sure)

interestingly someone else on SELOC said they had seen similar side split on a very used set of R1-Rs from excessive track use... so could just be the construction of the tyre and the way it degrades... i was well below the wear markers, on the middle-inside of the tyre, even though the outside was above the wear markers...

Oz.

Re: its that time of year... 12 years 1 week ago #47474

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

it my not be the head gasket,sometime the liners need reseating,but its a head off job.we can do mot work,and we have a few second hand exhaust systems and cat from when customer fit new sports systems.and we have a loan metro gti customers can take and i charge £35 per hour,

where are you based? (im near bordon/liphook - surrey/west sussex/hampshire borders)

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 1 week ago #47510

Rich,

I run 195's on the front and no rubbing issues, also my car is on pins and lowered (320mm f, 315mm r) the camber is notiable when you look at the car from the front but I all I have done it just the 4 wheel tracking. I made a decision that Tyres were cheaper than the Camber adjusters.

T

i used the gammon and brown lowering knuckles, and Gaz adjustable dampers...
sent the car to Back on Track in guildford to do a full Geo back to as close to a fast road/light track geo as we could get...
i think the settings they settled on was something like 2mm toe in front, 1.5mm toe in rear, cant adjust camber, but they said it shouldnt rub, and certainly i have never felt it rub... (this could ofcourse be wrong as i cant remember for sure)

interestingly someone else on SELOC said they had seen similar side split on a very used set of R1-Rs from excessive track use... so could just be the construction of the tyre and the way it degrades... i was well below the wear markers, on the middle-inside of the tyre, even though the outside was above the wear markers...

Oz.

Thanks gents! That is exactly what I needed to know, and thanks Ozzy for those measurements. I have been wondering what the toe-in/out should be on a lowered car. I will run with the previous settings for now as I will be changing the displacers in a month or so and don't want to do the alignment twice. I'm sure I could have it done now, but probably best to wait till things are fully sorted.

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 1 week ago #47515

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
dont take that as gospal rich...

i will have to double check the paper work to see if that was what we settled for in the end...

it might have been toe in rear, and neutral front... though im sure it was toe in both ends...

my excel i run toe out front, toe in rear... make it a bit tram-liney on the road, but amazing on track...

Oz.

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 1 week ago #47531

If you wouldn't mind double-checking those figures Oz, I would appreciate it! :broon:

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 6 days ago #47758

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer

If you wouldn't mind double-checking those figures Oz, I would appreciate it! :broon:

no probs, still unboxing/unpacking from having moved house so paper work is all over the shop...
will try go dig it out if i can...
Oz.

Re: its that time of year... *updated with diagnostics 12 years 6 days ago #47759

• Ozzy
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
just spoke to the guys at back on track, it was neutral front (possible 0.5mm toe out), and 1.5mm or 2mm toe in rear...
they couldnt remember the specifics, but basically for road use, neutral front, 1.5mm toe in rear, for track 0.5m-1mm toe out front, and 1.5mm-2mm toe in rear...

Oz.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT