Sign In   Register

Topic

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8573

Yeah. Well the bottom pic of it doesnt look so wide. The guy who did my bonnet could replicate something very similar if a little less wide as i dont want to extend the wheels outwards too much. Will see how my bank looks in the next few months. :-)

We would probably do the front wing/extension in one, then have rear extensions & bumper extensions. Would save a bit of bonding then. Also we are looking at a simple 'stick on' version that you could spray up at home then just stick on once you're happy with the finish. A bit like the side scoop idea.

I should also say that the parts would come pre-finished ready for primer & topcoat... none of this having to rub down mould lines and stuff that certain eBay sellers seem to be mentioning!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8574

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Thats cool. Il be doing mine in metal on the bodywork, and plastic mould on the bumper. So i can still remove the bumpers etc.

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8578

Thats cool. Il be doing mine in metal on the bodywork, and plastic mould on the bumper. So i can still remove the bumpers etc.

Good idea. It's gonna be important to maintain access to components unlike some 'filler job' mods that are done sometimes!

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8581

Hi All...

Well we need a consensus on what bonnet style is to be developed. We have some option for the venting:

evo 6

elise

hp200

tf 500 gt

others?....

We don't want to just choose a design on a whim - ta.

i'd be interested in a 200HPD bonnet but only if its like X-Powers I.E. positioned in the correct place like to 200HPD to actively increase downforce... 3 years and 300bhp later Im going to need all the grip i can get ;)

as for other design types, the problem there is what the individual styler is looking to accomplish... do they want aggressive styling/subtle styling/an actual aerodynamics package (like i do) or a mix of all of them

would you keep us updated on the lambo doors as well mate? i'd be happy to be a guinny pig as long as they were 100% in the end (and they worked with door solenoids lol)

not sure if you've had any pos rep for organizing all this mate but have some from me :D it's great to see something to get really excited about!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8582

i'd be interested in a 200HPD bonnet but only if its like X-Powers I.E. positioned in the correct place like to 200HPD to actively increase downforce... 3 years and 300bhp later Im going to need all the grip i can get ;)

as for other design types, the problem there is what the individual styler is looking to accomplish... do they want aggressive styling/subtle styling/an actual aerodynamics package (like i do) or a mix of all of them

would you keep us updated on the lambo doors as well mate? i'd be happy to be a guinny pig as long as they were 100% in the end (and they worked with door solenoids lol)

not sure if you've had any pos rep for organizing all this mate but have some from me :D it's great to see something to get really excited about!

Thanks for the rep. The lambos are a production unit already I think.... I'll check for you. They are on the orange car in the pictures and function as shown. Not sure about solenoid use but cant see why not.

Things will start to kick off over the next few months with this venture.

Ooh another little extra we have is a coolant level kit- I am getting this for testing hopefully beginning of next month. It's already used by my colleague but I want to run my eye over it first too. Plus it doesnt use the hideous buzzer / ugly bulb combination some others do!

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8583

Thanks for the rep. The lambos are a production unit already I think.... I'll check for you. They are on the orange car in the pictures and function as shown. Not sure about solenoid use but cant see why not.

Things will start to kick off over the next few months with this venture.

Ooh another little extra we have is a coolant level kit- I am getting this for testing hopefully beginning of next month. It's already used by my colleague but I want to run my eye over it first too. Plus it doesnt use the hideous buzzer / ugly bulb combination some others do!

lol I'm now avoiding things like coolant level checks/exhausts/anything K-Series related as it's really "wasted money" as i gear up for the two year run toward my engine swap

i'll soon be swapping HGF worries for sticky throttle bodies anyway lol

the rep is well deserved mate, for some reason i saw the first pictures on this thread and it was just a cursory look at something that i never planned for my project and never wanted, then me and MikeKnight got talking at the Teesside meet and I got really excited by the idea of the lambo doors!

It's really good to have something not only new to get excited about but something properly different to everything else out there.

have you actually seen the car? I'll be the first to part with my cash for the doors but i'm still worried about the workmanship (no offence ment but if im going to part with £550+ for somthing thats essentially only been tesed once (and on a F which is still strickly speaking a different car) i'd like to be a million percent sure of the quality of what im buying :o
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8584

lol I'm now avoiding things like coolant level checks/exhausts/anything K-Series related as it's really "wasted money" as i gear up for the two year run toward my engine swap

i'll soon be swapping HGF worries for sticky throttle bodies anyway lol

the rep is well deserved mate, for some reason i saw the first pictures on this thread and it was just a cursory look at something that i never planned for my project and never wanted, then me and MikeKnight got talking at the Teesside meet and I got really excited by the idea of the lambo doors!

It's really good to have something not only new to get excited about but something properly different to everything else out there.

have you actually seen the car? I'll be the first to part with my cash for the doors but i'm still worried about the workmanship (no offence ment but if im going to part with £550+ for somthing thats essentially only been tesed once (and on a F which is still strickly speaking a different car) i'd like to be a million percent sure of the quality of what im buying :o

Haha I hope after the MLR that Meg's HGF worries are over but I thought extra protection is never a bad thing - plus I have said to my colleague that I only want to offer things that are solidly made and look the part. Otherwise my rep is damaged for a few quid.

I will hopefully be going to see the actual 'orange monster' in the spring... got the place to stay etc (another reason for the coolant alarm although I might take the Range Rover as then I can bring a shed load of bits back after my insurance wouldn't let me make a trailer out of Fleur and tow her! GGRRR)

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8585

Haha I hope after the MLR that Meg's HGF worries are over but I thought extra protection is never a bad thing - plus I have said to my colleague that I only want to offer things that are solidly made and look the part. Otherwise my rep is damaged for a few quid.

I will hopefully be going to see the actual 'orange monster' in the spring... got the place to stay etc (another reason for the coolant alarm although I might take the Range Rover as then I can bring a shed load of bits back after my insurance wouldn't let me make a trailer out of Fleur and tow her! GGRRR)

lol what a pain... hmm "take the F and enjoy the roads but pay import tax on the shiny bits" or "take the tank and save money but bore to death on the way there"

not a nice choice!

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8586

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Which part of spain is it mate?
Will i fit in your suitcase?
Lol

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8587

lol what a pain... hmm "take the F and enjoy the roads but pay import tax on the shiny bits" or "take the tank and save money but bore to death on the way there"

not a nice choice!

I've got a boot rack which I guess I could take but how much can you fit on one of those! Sod Admiral and their stupid rules!

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8588

Which part of spain is it mate?
Will i fit in your suitcase?
Lol

LOL - on the rear rack maybe!

Oh more news - anyone remember the great under bonnet 'storage box' that used to be produced but only for left hand drive vehicles?

Well good news is one is on it's way to the right side of the car! LHD version is already produced... I am goign to supply details under bonnet RHD photos with measurements so that they can reverse engineer the LHD version! m Bung some tools in it (that usually sit in the boot causing rear drag and front lift) and solve some of the front lift problem! woohoo

Spanish mods hopefully soon coming to UK! 14 years 4 months ago #8590

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I've got a boot rack which I guess I could take but how much can you fit on one of those! Sod Admiral and their stupid rules!

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT