Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188696

• G0RSQ's Avatar Topic Author
  • G0RSQ
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Builder finished and left!

:oops:

The white lines are scratches!

Initially denied liability, but now looks like they are accepting it.

They did a good job on my conservatory base though :dry:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic inserted

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188697

Oh , that's big of them . What a set of tossers !

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188698

Oh, bother.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188700

Dunno that they're builders............judging by their handywork, they are more likley to be a demolition crew!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188701

Wow, that really is a mess.
Please keep us all posted on the cost of a repair for this damage.
You may need a new rear wing/quarter panel, a paint job on the bumper and boot lid. Expensive!!

If you go through your insurance company (if the builders go back on their word) you may possibly be looking at a write off!!! Heaven forbid.
Good luck on this
David

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188704

Did they think you wouldn't notice?:omg:
David
:shrug:

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188707

I've had builders at my property also...not has bad has that ...crikey. ..I had a bay window fitted...nightmare...they didn't keep appointments...poor contact..and the drain holes were at the top of part of the frame..luckily spotted by the fitter who drilled holes at bottom to avoid desaster..plus they were..late on the day and when the job was finally completed they left these screws on my drive..image below...having a gravel drive these can be harder to find and more likely to be sticking upright waiting to pierce your foot or tyres...they were a sds drill bit..some cladding screws..some phillips screws and a large bent screw I recognise has the screws that held my old frame in...I found 1 on the day of fitting but turned a blind eye to just the 1..my mrs found the others has she felt the sds bit underfoot....me coming home in the dark never noticed them.

I exercised my right to complain by phone calls texts and emails...they said a team would be sent around to check the drive...they never came..so Sunday morn although I didon't feel to great went out there checking the tyres on 4 cars and waving a magnet around on a piece of string...found a couple of very old rusty nails but nothing else related to the window job.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188722

Where would we we be without skilled workers ! Some just don't give a s..t !

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188744

• G0RSQ
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
It is all getting sorted.

£700

Accidents and mistakes happen, its how they are delt with that matters.

Was initially concerned by attitude of builder, but once accepted liability (didnt take long as turned out it was his labourer who caused accident) has been very cooperative.

Unfortunatly cant book into body shop untill new year :(

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188745

Glad that its getting sorted . As you say accidents do happen .

Had the builders in today 5 years 4 months ago #188746

Result - Good base for the conservatory and a freshly painted dink/rust free car.

Every cloud and all that ....

Had the builders in today 5 years 3 months ago #189091

• G0RSQ
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
Well this all went a bit pear shaped :(

Builder decided that he now wanted to go through his insurance, as was covered.

Spoke with his insurance, and they agreed they were liable, but...

They would deduct £200 from the payout, as the policy had a £200 excess, which I should claim directly from the builder, and they would deduct some unspecified amount for wear and tear (policy would not leave the claimant in a better position than before the accident)!

Clearly unacceptable terms to me, as I would not have enough money to carry out the repairs, and would have to contribute myself, plus I would have to chase the builder for £200.

So I handed the whole matter over to my car insurance to deal with (I have legal cover).

Anyway the insurance have decided to write off my car.....Yes for light body damage... and pay me out £1300, less my excess.

I enquired about buying back my car, which is absolutely reliable (lots of trouble free trips to Europe under its belt), and could do so for about £300.

Now this seems a "no-Brainer". Have the car back on the road profesionaly repaired, and £200 in the bank...but....

I have been planning to sell the car in the spring/summer and anticipated geting £1500ish for it, after tidyng up a few scratches/stone chips. (ABS, four pot calipers, rust free (yes completely!) Toyosport silencer, Matt black wheels and Toyo Proxie tires, seats in perfect condition)

But if I repair it and try and sell it it will be a CAT D, and reduce its value significantly!

Starting to look like the £1300 and scrap it is the best option, despite this being a great little car, with nothing wrong with it.

I will be sorry to see it go, and even more sorry that it may be scrapped for minor body damage!
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by G0RSQ.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT