Sign In   Register

Topic

The things we used to do... 7 years 2 months ago #176163

So enjoyed this thread I thought I'd try to resurrect it!

Friend had a 200cc Ariel Colt bike, I had a really 'modern' 199cc two-stroke Fanny Barnet and we criss-crossed Dorset like the hard-assed pros we were...

We'll call the friend Richard (because that's his name) and he'd had the odd problem with the timing on the Colt. So one day we left Portesham (a major metropolis in Dorset with a population counted in the dozens) headed for far distant Abbotsbury, almost 5 miles away. Halfway there the Colt staggered to a halt and we set-to with professional zeal stripping down the timing side of the old lump. We were nearly there when I thought to broach the unthinkable... 'you did remember to turn on the fuel tap didn't you... ?'

Amazingly more than 50 years on we're still great mates.
What's that black canvas thing behind the seats for?
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Leigh Ping, sworkscooper, SundanceUK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The things we used to do... 6 years 11 months ago #177859

I love this, can we put it up against a Defender for trials? I'm sure if the MOD saw this it would be on the front line given the cut backs over the years.

The things we used to do... 6 years 11 months ago #177860

That last post by me refers to the previous page showing the tooled up Robin, I must have clicked on the wrong message. How do I put these smiley faces on again?....anyone

The things we used to do... 6 years 11 months ago #177861

That last post by me refers to the previous page showing the tooled up Robin, I must have clicked on the wrong message. How do I put these smiley faces on again?....anyone

If you click on the 'smiley' it opens a pop up box with all the other smileys on. One thing - love a space between what you typed and the smiley :yesnod: otherwise they don't work:nonod: :nonod:
Robin ;)

The things we used to do... 6 years 11 months ago #177864

or you could add gifs like these...........

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

The things we used to do... 6 years 9 months ago #179193

My first car was a 1986 Mazda 323. It was patched and repaired but ran. One afternoon I was going down the A12 when he petrol gauge started to point to the "your running on fumes mate" area. being a cheapskate I passed two garages until I saw one with cheap fuel. As I drove into the station the car farted, backfired and died, blowing half the exhaust off in the process! I stopped, picked up the exhaust and put in £10 worth of fuel.In the shop I bought a can of soup, two long worm drive clips and a tub of fire gum. I opened the soup, poured it down the drain and rinsed the can out with the water hose, cut the can end off and cut down the tin length ways. I then filled the edges with gun gum, wrapped it around the broken exhaust joint and secured it with the worn drive clips. Washed my hands and drove off leaving the girl bemused! It lasted like that for 6 months before another bit rotted out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT