Sign In   Register

Topic

The things we used to do... 7 years 6 months ago #172994

This thread reminds me of a kid programme off the telly.... :wave:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The things we used to do... 7 years 5 months ago #173721

Driving an HB Viva (My Mum's), I was trying to impress my girlfriend with my ultra-fast gear change. I was like greased lightning as I quickly swept the gear lever up and across from 2nd to 3rd. :drive:

I admit I was a bit surprised when my hand, still clutching the gear lever, hit the dash, hard! :omg:

Yep, the entire gear lever had pulled out of the top of the gearbox... :oops:
:coat:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

The things we used to do... 7 years 5 months ago #173736

My first car (1970 it was!) was Fiat 1100 estate with a Weber 45DCOE, it didn't half go, mostly it would only 'go' down hill!.

The floor literally fell out going over Twickenham bridge. I thought it was a bit breezy.

Geoff.

The things we used to do... 7 years 5 months ago #173744

In my youth I had a deliciously naughty girlfriend who had use of her mothers square arch MG Midget.
Parked up on Ilkley Moor one night, one thing led to another and we proved it was possible in a Midget, provided one window was open.
Only problem was that having got dressed again, turning on lights etc was impossible, as every toggle switch was mashed against the dashboard. Prising them back towards normality just led to them snapping clean off.
Got some VERY disapproving looks from her mother the next time I went round. Her father just looked quizzical. I think he was still working how it was possible.
P.S. One day I'll tell the story of a semi-naked girlfriend, her Old English Sheepdog and me in her Fiat X19. It was all going brilliantly until the Police arrived....

The things we used to do... 7 years 5 months ago #173745

Thats some sick kind of threesome mate..... Im suprised they ever let you out of jail.

The things we used to do... 7 years 5 months ago #173780

Whoa, that's a bit extreme. Fiat X19's aren't that bad!

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174618

I did discover that it was possible to do the deed in an MGB but very awkward and uncomfortable and particularly painful if you had Coco-mats fitted.
I don't think my knees ever recovered

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174620

After passing my motorcycle test and with winter in full swing I brought a Reliant Regal for £25 .. 600cc of pure power ... well more like 300c as the headgasket had gone between 2 of them. This meant I had to get my mother to push start it with her car so I could get to work halfway there it would over heat so I had to have the over flow pipe sticking out the bonnet or the car filled with steam. Once at work it would turn off it would just sit and chug over even with ignition off so I had to stall it to stop it. Of course when home time come and it was refilled with water and some oil it required another push start from a work colleague to get it home again ... still lovely motor

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174629

Thats a great story about the regal :clap: ....have you any pictures of the pig.....Borrowed one once a white regal van.....decided to overtake down a steephill i was flatout has i went over the white lines.....she weaved letting me know id gone over them ......unless the front wheel was loose?....white knuckle ride ive never forgot.... :hgf:

always fancied one of those scimiter gte ....they looked the biz...did they have essex v6 engines..i cant remember...

below a military looking robin....what next?

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174658

The Reliant Robin reply got me thinking about my Ex father in law, he has been driving the placcy pigs for years, and one night he heard a bit of a rustling outside his house, he lives in a terraced house in Alton and his 3 wheeler is parked outside. But he left it at that and went back to sleep.
He gets up in the morning and gets his keys to go to work and walks out to find the Reliant on its roof!
Some drunken yobs came out of the pub a few doors up the road decided that it would be funny to pick his car up and turn it around!
After all the oil ran out of the engine it never did run the same again...shame I aint got any piccies of it!

Sundance

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174662

I can see the funny side of the robin on the roof,,but i bet the owner was peed off.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

The things we used to do... 7 years 4 months ago #174663

In hanley/stoke on trent...there is a pub called oggys bar..they have a robin on their flat roof...over the years i believe thugs have climbed on the roof and pushed it off...on another occasion i heard in the paper that the owner painted it in the colours of the st georges flag and thugs set fire to it.....oggys robin below
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT