Sign In   Register

Topic

Mission impossible 9 months 1 week ago #203178

There’s probably a badge for that & you can get your wife* to sew it on your overalls.
I have several including the “Axiom of Stupidity” & bar, one of the highest accolades you can be awarded for a fundamentally dumb error.
* no gender stereotyping on the T-Bar !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mission impossible 9 months 1 week ago #203211

I could probably write several "How not to do it's"

A couple of questions for you guys.

Is it ok to move my car on the bump stops? (I want to move her into my garage.)

The steering lock won't release, any tips?

Mission impossible 9 months 1 week ago #203213

Try biasing the wheel away from the lock stop, if you’ve been working on the steering, which you have, you might have pushed up against it & wiggling the key won’t overcome the resistance.
Failing that try your local “dial a scrote” they’ll turn up & have it undone in a moment.
As far as moving the car, very gently does it.
M

Mission impossible 9 months 1 week ago #203273

Obsolete part?
I only had 1 of these on the front end. "I'm guessing that the other had abandoned ship at some point"
Should I try to make a similar spacer or are they not necessary?
Attachments:

Mission impossible 9 months 6 days ago #203277

I think they are necessary, one each side, spacers for the front wishbones to subframe. You will probably get a 2nd hand one for very little money from the usual suppliers when next ordering other parts
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Mission impossible 9 months 6 days ago #203282

It’s one of those “what are they for?” Parts or a “who dreamt these up?” Possibly as here “I’ve broken/ lost one, do I need the other “ parts.
Obvious if it’s a control arm!

Mission impossible 9 months 6 days ago #203284

Its unusual to see one like that which doesn't have liberal coating of surface rust.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Mission impossible 9 months 6 days ago #203285

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
The rust is on back order!
I’m sure when sufficient rust becomes available the part will disappear into a small pile of reddish brown flakes
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Mission impossible 9 months 5 days ago #203294

Obsolete part?
I only had 1 of these on the front end. "I'm guessing that the other had abandoned ship at some point"
Should I try to make a similar spacer or are they not necessary?

I actually made four similar to that , two for front and rear to support the ABS cables. I found that the awful plastic clips that fit on the rubber brake hose didn't fit very well onto the smaller braided hoses.. I drilled and tapped M8 holes into the subframe and the rubber moulding on the cable fits onto it.

Mission impossible 9 months 5 days ago #203296

Drilling & tapping, it’s good to know that in ever corner of this fair land there are people making, modifying & mending things. Not satisfied with some aspect of your equipment? Do I accept it, replace it at whatever cost or change it to suit my requirements. I’m on my way back to the workshop shortly to change something to suit my requirements. I’ve done the drilling, now’s the time for the M4 tap & a spot of cutting oil.
M

Mission impossible 9 months 4 days ago #203306

Here are the brackets that I made to support the ABS cables. I don’t think there were any supports at the rear but the fronts had the plastic clips that remain in the photo. The white stuff on the brackets and cables is silicon grease to enable the cable to slide easily into the brackets.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Mission impossible 9 months 4 days ago #203310

It all looks very clean, I only wash the blue bits are you supposed to wash underneath?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGB281

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT