Topic

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 9 months ago #170095

Amazing work. :broon:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 8 months ago #170634

Glad to see this is still going ahead and not fallen foul of the project car curse - Can't wait to see this in paint! :broon:

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 7 months ago #171343

Still not painted yet, but the paint has been ordered and should be here monday. My car has now been stripped down (bonnet, boot, bumpers, doors, lights and all external fittings removed) and prep work has begun. Alans's rear diffuser is now properly fitted and more importantly is level. The Seat Leon front splitter has been fitted to the front bumper along with the front fog light mounting plates and lights. I had planned on fitting DRL's to the front as well, but have now decided against it for a "cleaner" look. I'm really happy with how the front looks now. The front splitter didn't even have to be cut, just used heat and bolted it in place at regular intervals then sikaflexed around it. I used PVC coated foamex foamboard to fill the gap in the rear bumper. It 's strong but flexible and easy to work with, once cut to shape it was bolted in place and then sikaflexed in from behind, bolts were removed and we added some braces to give it some more strength. It just needs fibreglassing over now before being sanded down and filled. Depending on how long the prep work takes we might have paint by the end of next week :woowoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bertl

Last edit: Post by Denial.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 7 months ago #171364

Loving the attention to detail.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 7 months ago #171366

I could have done with a bit more attention to detail myself on Thursday. I Gave the wrong paintcode to the supplier the bodyshop guys use, who then spent the next 24 hours pulling his hair out, trying in vain to find it :oops: Not much to report today, i took the roof off which was a lot easier than i thought it would be, did some more work prepping the doors and fitted the carbon fibre vents i was very kindly donated, until i have the time and money to sort out my other dash.

Attachments:

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172280

Another month has flown by since my last update, so here's the latest. As some of you may have read in another post, the final colour has had to change yet again (monogram paint was going to cost me £440 per litre). Those of you hoping to see the finished car are going to have a wait a bit longer, but WE DO have some paint! Work on covering the gap between the rear bumper and the rear diffuser wasn't as straight forward as i was hoping it was going to be. Sorting that out, and trips down to Wales for my job interview and the half marathon is where all my time and money went last month. However the rear bumper is now finished and ready for priming along with the main body of the car. Today i finally got around to ordering the spacers for the wheels. The inside of the doors, and the underside of the boot and the bonnet have been painted. The final colour as correctly guessed by idrawcad is AMARANTH :clap:

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, SundanceUK

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172281

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
good colour, like it!

:broon:
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172291

+1 on the colour - it's going to look great!
Robin ;)

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172294

I think our cars need an "in your face" colour to look their best, Which is why I love the "Volcano" orange of my car, so I say: good choice, well done! :clap: :broon:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172590

So not quite finished but the shell is done and we have:

p.s car is jacked up in last pic need to get a tool to tighten the wheel nuts before i can drop it back down. Still all the little bits to paint (door handles, fuel cap, wing mirrors, side vents etc etc) and then we can reassemble and polish it up :woohoo:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, cairnsys

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172597

Looking good!!!! :broon: :broon: :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172607

Thanks Cairnsys, i'm really pleased with the colour, i'll try and get some better pics today outside if it's sunny outside

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT