Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #151624

Have a look at CJJ's "How to remove front subframe" picture 30.
I guess the foam is to reduce vibrations and the rubber is to stop the airflow going around the radiator instead of through it.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #151638

ok, all clear now, i think this was something ccj might have done when he vented his bonnet.

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #151863

Denial, I raised the point because that's what I found and transferred over when I did my radiator swap winter 2011. I didn't take any pictures then so had to refer to the one in CJJ's post. Your new radiator has the lugs to which the rubbers attach. But anyway I think your car is a later model and it could be that MG Rover dropped those parts to save a few quid.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152441

So the mirrors are on, regular visitors to the site will already know the work that went into making this happen, so i won't go over it again. I feel like i have run into a wall with my build at the moment. Every time i try to take 1 step forward something crops up to throw a spanner in the works and it feels like i am going backwards. I can't see the wood for the tree's at the moment. The "to do list" should be getting shorter not longer, and Instead of digging my way out of a hole it just feels like i am digging myself deeper in.......
Attachments:

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152442

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Its a big project so these things are expected. When its done it will be noiiice but will eat a lot more money, time and patient I suspect.

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152449

That's the feeling you generally get when you're just over half way through. So think positively about what you've achieved thus far.
What's on the todo list? You been adding extras? ;-)

Last edit: Post by Argen69.

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152474

It's looking great!

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152482

Mirrors suit the car mate..

I went through that.. About a year ago.. Visitors to mine saying 'it'll never work again' blah blah blah

Thinking the car was always moving backwards etc..

But the only thing that kept me going is the thought 'every hour you spend on it is an hour closer to driving it'

You can't eat an elephant all in one go.. Little chunks at a time..

Once your car is finished no one else will appreciate the amount of work that's gone into it.. But you'll have a story of personal triumph and a one off car to polish and be proud of :)

In the words of Nemo's dad... 'Just keep swimming'
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152491

...but stop eating elephants. :tada:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diesel Destroyer, Denial

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 6 months ago #152494

Just think what it's like for those folks who paint the Forth Bridge! ............................................................ then look at your car B) It's smaller and will look much better so smile and carry on :wave: .

To a lesser degree I know the feeling which is why I am now makng alist of what I want/need to do and am trying to work through it one at a time then onto the next. Jumping aboput like i was doing was gettign things done but probably not in the best order or possibly even way at times. Like yourself I am working with a tiny budget so things take time to save up for. So unless vital it's all the smaller things that cost less that are at the front of the queue .............................. the big ticket items will have to wait.

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 2 months ago #155645

So after stepping away, and taking some time for myself (helped immensely by a 2 week stay at Combat Stress in December) it's time to press on with my build. After the issues I had with my Direnza radiator (came up with work around for the mounting plate). The first thing to do was to get the car running again. A previous inspection had highlighted the fact that i badly needed some new underwater cooling pipes. So a phone call was made to a well known company of mobile MG mechanics. They came yesterday, and a very shiny new set of stainless steel pipes were fitted, and the cooling system was refilled and bled. The car started fine with no issues, so that's 1 thing out of the way. I have also made the first of many payments to come, to the guys down at the bodyshop who will be doing the respray and the mods to the bodywork. So that means I am currently 1/20th of the way to the bodywork and respray being done. I'm estimating it will be another 6 months yet before you'll be able to see the finished result. Also spurred on by ccj's post on his carbon fiber bonnet I have begun work on my own design for a carbon fiber bonnet which i will be attempting to make myself. All small steps but i still hope to get there in the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 2 months ago #155668

Keep pluging away mate as they say rome wasnt built in a day

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT