Sign In   Register

Topic

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141127

Latest pics of Ariels progress on my bodykit, Just the front bumper to finish now. The plan is to drive down to Madrid with my cousin to collect the kit at the end of April or beginning of may. Then the real work begins.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavesZed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141179

Looks interesting & will be good to see it fitted.
Arm & a leg job me thinks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141197

Gonna look sweet..

What ya doing for wheels? Not 100mm spacers I hope :omg:
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141382

To be honest i haven't even got to thinking that far down the line yet. making another payment to ariel this month, then add in the cost of going to collect it, fit it, and respray the car and i'll be lucky if i can afford to worry about wheels come December :p just got to keep focusing on one thing at a time. I'll get there in the end :)

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141402

Got some more pics, and seen as i know how much you all love pics here you go:

front wings, have decided against indicator lights the wing and instead they will be incorporated in the wing mirrors when i mod them.

gotta love the rear end :)

side skirts:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, DavesZed

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141404

Ariel really has a passion for this stuff. For those that never saw his amazing F in it's previous guise it had fluid adjustable suspension, lambo doors and a front end with Corsa headlights blended in!

Did you manage to shift the skirts you took off?

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 2 weeks ago #141431

Will be the only one like it in the UK..

For a while lol

You fitting the lambo doors too?

Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 1 week ago #141468

In Ariel's original post about the kit on another website he said he was only going to make 32 of these kits. As far as i know this will be the first in the UK but there will only ever be 31 others. The problem has always been that Ariel won't ship anything. I think he could be worried about someone just taking molds and producing it themselves maybe. The other problem is the cost, at 1200 euros (just over £900) its not cheap especially with MG prices over here being so low at the mo. He was offering a fitting service and painting for around 1900 euros. No lambo doors for me, not my style and i can't afford the extra cost, i'm doing everything on a max budget of £150 every fortnight, that's why progress has been so slow. Just got to take it 1 step at a time I'll get there eventually.

My mods so far: stage 2 10 years 1 week ago #141481

I was trying to sort UK supply a few years back - but we came to the conclusion that the shipping cost would be very high for large items. This is mainly due to their fragility before fitting (fiberglass cracks very easily when over flexed till it's fitted to a sturdy car!), and the courier companies would charge by volume not weight. Imagine the size of a box for the full kit!

We did think that the under bonnet boxes etc were maybe possible, and I know Ariel is not far form finishing a right hand drive version which I am very keen to have.....

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 10 months ago #144087

Hi all,

I know it's been a while since my last post, but i have an update! All the work on making the kit is now complete it just needs finishing and priming. I will be collecting the kit in person from Ariel in Madrid on the 15th of June. Thanks to a bit of luck that has just happened to me, my build schedule has been increased and i am now confident of having the kit fitted and the respray done by the end of June. All of which means FRM could be a possible now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, The driving dutchman

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 10 months ago #144090

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
enjoy the trip to spain,
hopefully you find the time to have some nice food and wine!
:beer:
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 10 months ago #144092

They look great! Wish Ariel had sorted the under bonnet boxes as well... I'll have to email him and ask!

Did you sell the old skirts in the end? If mine passes it's MOT in a weeks time I'll be looking for some.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT