Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 4 weeks ago #157448

Hi, what would you like to know about my car? If I can be of any help to you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 3 weeks ago #157452

Hello Marmite and welcome to the forum :welcome: i'm assuming that the Orange TF in some of the pics earlier in my post is yours? I have sent you a private message and ty for the offer of the help. For the rest of you following my post, -fingers crossed- there might be an update later on this afternoon. Yesterday I was shopping for Alloy wheels :oops: and i'm now waiting on a delivery .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re:My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 3 weeks ago #157654

So I finally got a delivery today, the wheels were always going play a key role in the final look of my car. I spent hours trawling various websites and looking at images before buying the ones I did. JDM, deepdish, multispoke, steel, chrome, it was all a bit overwhelming. In the end I opted for something simple and a classic design (at least in my opinion). They might not be to everyone's taste, but I have always had a soft spot for this particular alloy, and i'm really pleased with how they look. Enough typing i'll let the pics do it for me:

They are 17" 4 x 100, OZ Superturismo GT's, in the pics it's just leaning against the alloy already on. Next step will be to take off the existing alloy, and then I can measure how big the spacers will need to be and get them ordered. The wheel in the pic will be going on the front of the car i'm hoping to buy wider ones for the rear.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Denial.

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 3 weeks ago #157662

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
very very nice! :thumbsup:
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 3 weeks ago #157674

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Reminds me of some of the alloys I had during my early Playstation 1 & 2 gran turismo days.

I'm getting the finished look now. Good luck in finishing it off.

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 1 day ago #158221

Small update, i'm now 25% of the way to the car being re-sprayed. Today also saw the first coat of resin going on my bonnet:

Attachments:

My mods so far: stage 2 9 years 1 day ago #158222

That bonnet is lookin great!

My mods so far: stage 2 8 years 11 months ago #158275

Its getting there mate... looking forward to seeing it on the road B)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

My mods so far: stage 2 8 years 9 months ago #160398

[Crazy month. that started with 2 weeks at Combat Stress and ended with a new woman in my life, anyway while all that was going on, the guys at the bodyshop have started work.

So as you can see all the bodykit has now been prepped and primed, and the vents on the front bumper have disappeared (still needs priming). Next stage will be for someone to go around and remove any dents/marks in the rest of the bodywork before everything is stripped/prepared and primed ready for the respray.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Denial.

My mods so far: stage 2 8 years 9 months ago #160404

ended with a new woman in my life

Another unfinished project bites the dust then. :lol:

It's coming along nicely G. :broon:

My mods so far: stage 2 8 years 9 months ago #160405

Always pleased to see progress on this one as it is a project of love.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My mods so far: stage 2 8 years 4 months ago #163879

Well it's been a while since my last post, and the time in between has been a real roller coaster of high's and lows. It now looks like i've finally got some time to myself (at least until February when i will be returning to Combat Stress for a 6 week intensive treatment course) to finally push ahead some more with my project. In the months in between updates, absolutely nothing has been done to the car:

it's been used to dry out a tent

It's been used as a model for for a Vauxhall Tigra Twintop spoiler

And most recently as a dumping ground for the rest of the tigra twintop bodykit (for my girlfriends car) and for various parts from one of this seasons Honda Civic cup race cars

The new plan is for the car to be painted and put back together in time for my 40th birthday in April. Before the car can be painted there are still a handful of things that need doing, so i split the car down into front, middle and back and cracked on. The first thing to get was a replacement front end crash bar for behind the front bumper, the previous one was bent on one side. So bought one and fitted it to the car this morning, with that done i can now move onto finishing the front bumper:

Front fog light mounts bought:

Seat Leon front splitter bought:

The guys at the body shop want to do everything at the same time, so these will all be fitted before the respray. Despite all the effort i put into my modified bonnet, i'm not 100% happy with it so for now it's going back into the garage. In it's place i'll be using a standard looking Carbon Fibre direct replacement. I've been in touch with the company that manufactures them in China and will be ordering one next week when i get paid. That just left the front scuttle panel to sort out and that's the front done. So one of the few good things to come out of attempting to modify the girlfriends Tigra was my discovery of a local hydro-graphics firm. I used them to do some bits on the Tigra and i'm using them again to do the scuttle panel. A carbon fibre print would have been my original idea but then i decided that the contrast between a real carbon fibre bonnet and a printed panel just wouldn't have looked right. So i opted for something a bit bolder, blue flame:

I've no idea how it will look, but if i don't like it i can always just replace it. The side vent covers are also being done blue fire and both should be ready for pickup next week sometime. I'll update the post with pics when i get them back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Leigh Ping, Blow-in

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT