Find Posts from
Sort Results by
Search at a specific date
Jump to Result Number
Search in Categories

Search Results

Searched for: suplex
07 Jun 2011 13:01
Welcome to the T-Bar avandr, you've found a great place to chat about your new car :woohoo:

You need to get some photos of that beauty posted so we can all have a look, from your avatar it looks very nice :thumbsup:

Why not just get a replacement sphere sent over from here, if you do a search on ebay and get it posted you could have it with you in a couple of weeks

If your convinced on going the Suplex route take a look at this thread and at this more recent thread which looks a little more hopeful as the Suplex kits have not been seen in real life yet. Bryan Young was due to tell us about an update on the Suplex. (BTW where is Bryan? holiday?)

I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment out of your F, quite a rare sight down under must get quite a bit of attention when you're out and about.

Paul
07 Jun 2011 07:59
Hi from Australia.
I purchased a 2001 MGF Trophy with 63k/kms on clock just in March this year after selling a second car. It was not intended however we found out that we did in fact require the second car. I am indebted to my wife who suggested perhaps now is the time to buy that sports car I always wanted (thanks darling), so here I am. :)
Had the cam belts, tensioner, water pump changed immediately, had the Head Gasket checked at the same time all looks good. However got home one day and notice LHS was on bump stops, Hydragas sphere failure, had the system pumped up which lasted about 2 weeks, ordered a basic pump from littletool to keep me going for a bit as spheres here in Australia are non existent. :dry: After lots of pumping and measuring every couple of weeks I notice the RHS dropped also, looked under the vehicle to note the dreaded green puddle. I am not keen on purchasing second hand spheres, therefore I am awaiting the Suplex system which is almost ready for release. :unsure:
Not a great start but I do love driving the car and have been on a couple of runs with my local MGCC over here.
Looking forward to being part of this forum.
Cheers :)
01 Jun 2011 04:28

That's bad news,mate. :nonod:

It sounds as if problems have come up somewhere, whether in the manufacture or testing failures, it will be fascinating to find out. :yesnod:

edit
Interestingly CARHOODS DIRECT have just announced that they can supply these units at £675 + VAT

I have just received an update from the MG Owners Club about the Suplex Suspension kits and i will post the full details shortly. i would like to email the update to Murray (Auseff) down under first. watch this space :thumbsup:
Category: MGF/TF Pitstop
26 May 2011 17:40

i think tho for £800 its a lot of money and most people would either sell or scrap the car. hopefully prices might come down

Yeah, I think that while there are still spheres available then they won't sell many of them. Personally my car's spheres are still in good condition, so I wouldn't consider them.:shrug:

New spheres ar becoming harder to find, the stopped making them about three years ago. second hand ones are an option but you never know if the gas part has failed until you fit them. The Suplex kit of four units and shocks is around the £1000 mark including VAT ~ both Rimmers and MGOC were giving £100 discont for the first 10 orders. as i have contacts in MGOC i will ask how many sets they have sold so far?? watch this space :thumbsup:
19 May 2011 04:43
The Suplex springs are a solution to the lack of replacement Hydragas spheres rather than a performance mod.
It will be interesting to see some road tests of customer units to see just how the cars handle with them.
Displaying 331 - 335 out of 341 results.
Time to create page: 3.277 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT