Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24510

That's bad news,mate. :nonod:

It sounds as if problems have come up somewhere, whether in the manufacture or testing failures, it will be fascinating to find out. :yesnod:

edit
Interestingly CARHOODS DIRECT have just announced that they can supply these units at £675 + VAT
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24540

It sounds as if problems have come up somewhere, whether in the manufacture or testing failures, it will be fascinating to find out. :yesnod:

edit
Interestingly CARHOODS DIRECT have just announced that they can supply these units at £675 + VAT

Could not find anything about it on Car Hoods Direct ?? only car hoods!!!! :shrug: :nonod:

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24552

edit

Could not find anything about it on Car Hoods Direct ?? only car hoods!!!! :shrug: :nonod:

It was announced on a currently 'dead' website. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24771

edit

I have just received an update from the MG Owners Club about the Suplex Suspension kits and i will post the full details shortly. i would like to email the update to Murray (Auseff) down under first. watch this space :thumbsup:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25083

Hi, I have just seen your thread, I have recently joined SUPLEX UK and have been involved in the final developments of the SUPLEX MGF Suspension kit.

It has taken some time as our F's head gasket went and then the radiator.

The final tests have been completed now the car is up and running.

The kits works fabulous.

The final part was to create the fitting instruction and we have now prepared the first 10 car sets of pre production units, there will be some small asthetic mods.

These are now availible via us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

:woohoo:

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25098

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Hi, I have just seen your thread, I have recently joined SUPLEX UK and have been involved in the final developments of the SUPLEX MGF Suspension kit.

It has taken some time as our F's head gasket went and then the radiator.

The final tests have been completed now the car is up and running.

The kits works fabulous.

The final part was to create the fitting instruction and we have now prepared the first 10 car sets of pre production units, there will be some small asthetic mods.

These are now availible via us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

:woohoo:

Any pics or info?

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25101

Hi CJJ,

I can take some pictures tommorow of the kit, these first kits will come in a plain box.

How do i upload them to you??

Cheers,

Rob

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25102

Back again,

What info do you need to know?

Cheers,

Rob

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25114

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a 2001 MGF Trophy, both my rear spheres failed within 2 weeks of each other. As I am in Australia sourcing spheres for a Trophy was near on impossible. People tried to sell me std second hand front spheres at AU$350 and stated they would be ok. One guy on ebay here in OZ is asking AU$695 ea.
I am not willing to take the risk on used spheres as they will fail again in the near future.
I bit the bullet and purchased the kit from Suplex direct, it is to be shipped in the next 24hrs.
Will post an update on the forum once installed and tested.
Perhaps I can sell the 2 front spheres piping and Trophy dampers on ebay to help offset the cost.
Adrian

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25116

Hi Adrian,

I blesses the kit as it left last night.

Many thanks,

Rob

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25119

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Hi CJJ,

I can take some pictures tommorow of the kit, these first kits will come in a plain box.

How do i upload them to you??

Any pics would be interesting. Production pics, finished products pics etc.

You can upload them by selecting photos at the top of the page and upload to there.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #25120

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

What info do you need to know?

Any info you have that you think you can give us.

Remember that we know nearly nothing about this kit and if we are to suggest it in the future it would be nice to have some info to base it on.

Does it keep the same geometry, can you use different shockers to suit etc etc, what testing has been carried out?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT