Sign In   Register

Topic

mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24252

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
i was talking to a mgf guy today and he said theres a new suspension out for the mgf that replaces the Hydrolastic suspension . not sure if he was pulling my leg as i havent heard nothing , maybe he was talking about the gaz shocks but i would assume you would still need the hydrolastc as these are just a replacement for the dampers i believe. any body heard anything.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24253

Hi Ray,
These were featured in the MGOC magazine a couple of months ago,from memory being manufactured in Germany and priced about £800
Regards Neil

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24258

Attachment MGFSuspensionunits.PDF not found

Have a look at this.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24259

The Suplex springs are a solution to the lack of replacement Hydragas spheres rather than a performance mod.
It will be interesting to see some road tests of customer units to see just how the cars handle with them.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24309

Yes they must have sold some by now, I want to know how easy it is to fit and how it handles. The important bit is can it be made as good as the Trophy set up or even a 85th Anniversary ( wishful thinking )

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24310

Yes they must have sold some by now, I want to know how easy it is to fit and how it handles. The important bit is can it be made as good as the Trophy set up or even a 85th Anniversary ( wishful thinking )

It's strange that nobody has piped up saying they've had them fitted.:shrug:
David

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24311

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
i think tho for £800 its a lot of money and most people would either sell or scrap the car. hopefully prices might come down
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24312

i think tho for £800 its a lot of money and most people would either sell or scrap the car. hopefully prices might come down

Yeah, I think that while there are still spheres available then they won't sell many of them. Personally my car's spheres are still in good condition, so I wouldn't consider them.:shrug:
David

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24480

I installed lowering knuckles and Gaz adjustables... had my hydragas system checked at the same time and it was all good, if it fails i would be looking for proper coil over solutions, and that would probably be less than £800 even with buying TF parts to allow the fittment of them...

cant see much of a market personally.

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24484

I installed lowering knuckles and Gaz adjustables... had my hydragas system checked at the same time and it was all good, if it fails i would be looking for proper coil over solutions, and that would probably be less than £800 even with buying TF parts to allow the fittment of them...

cant see much of a market personally.

It costs a lot more to convert to TF suspension as the front and rear subframes have to be changed for the later TF ones, i will see if i can find the article written last year when someone had their F converted to TF suspension and the cost was around the £5000 mark :whistle:

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24485

Yeah, I think that while there are still spheres available then they won't sell many of them. Personally my car's spheres are still in good condition, so I wouldn't consider them.:shrug:

New spheres ar becoming harder to find, the stopped making them about three years ago. second hand ones are an option but you never know if the gas part has failed until you fit them. The Suplex kit of four units and shocks is around the £1000 mark including VAT ~ both Rimmers and MGOC were giving £100 discont for the first 10 orders. as i have contacts in MGOC i will ask how many sets they have sold so far?? watch this space :thumbsup:

Re: mgf suspension upgrade 12 years 11 months ago #24507

Canceled the MGF Spring Kit I had on order with B&G. Original delivery date of mid March is long gone. Subsequently advised dates of April and May gone. Each time a delivery date came and went I had to chase B&Gs. To make matters worse the explanations I was given for the delays were conflicting. I suspect B&G has no idea of what is going on and are also being fed nonsense by their supplier.

I've given up and am going down a different path. My car has been off the road since February and its registration is about to run out so am pretty annoyed as frankly had I not decided to go this way I reckon I could of had the car back on the road months ago. Will be the last time I allow myself to get sucked in like this.....

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT