Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hi from down under 12 years 10 months ago #24967

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi from Australia.
I purchased a 2001 MGF Trophy with 63k/kms on clock just in March this year after selling a second car. It was not intended however we found out that we did in fact require the second car. I am indebted to my wife who suggested perhaps now is the time to buy that sports car I always wanted (thanks darling), so here I am. :)
Had the cam belts, tensioner, water pump changed immediately, had the Head Gasket checked at the same time all looks good. However got home one day and notice LHS was on bump stops, Hydragas sphere failure, had the system pumped up which lasted about 2 weeks, ordered a basic pump from littletool to keep me going for a bit as spheres here in Australia are non existent. :dry: After lots of pumping and measuring every couple of weeks I notice the RHS dropped also, looked under the vehicle to note the dreaded green puddle. I am not keen on purchasing second hand spheres, therefore I am awaiting the Suplex system which is almost ready for release. :unsure:
Not a great start but I do love driving the car and have been on a couple of runs with my local MGCC over here.
Looking forward to being part of this forum.
Cheers :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi from down under 12 years 10 months ago #24970

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Welcome to the T-Bar avandr, you've found a great place to chat about your new car :woohoo:

You need to get some photos of that beauty posted so we can all have a look, from your avatar it looks very nice :thumbsup:

Why not just get a replacement sphere sent over from here, if you do a search on ebay and get it posted you could have it with you in a couple of weeks

If your convinced on going the Suplex route take a look at this thread and at this more recent thread which looks a little more hopeful as the Suplex kits have not been seen in real life yet. Bryan Young was due to tell us about an update on the Suplex. (BTW where is Bryan? holiday?)

I'm sure you'll get many years of enjoyment out of your F, quite a rare sight down under must get quite a bit of attention when you're out and about.

Paul

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: Hi from down under 12 years 10 months ago #24975

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Welcome to the T-Bar

I would also keep an eye on ebay, New Spheres do keep making an apperance every so often.

Re: Hi from down under 12 years 10 months ago #24976

:welcome2: mate.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT