Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 3 days ago #205307

It would be a great addition to the pscan if it could disarm the 5AS unit.

I agree…..Especially if it could dispense with the parasitic power drain it exerts on the battery, I for one see now great effort in using the key to unlock the bloody door, which is about the only tangible thing that the system offers, like all alarms it is more trouble than it’s worth and as a immobiliser it is quite unnecessary and superfluous to requirements as the cars are quite capable of immobilising themselves without any help from the 5AS!

Absolutely right Cobber. My MGF is becoming more of a garage ornament than a car. Even when Pscan reports no errors, she still refuses to run.
I used the EKA to switch off the immobiliser so I could discount it as a problem source. The manual suggests that this disables the unit until next time the remote is used so I happily put the remote away, only to find that the immobiliser rearmed itself. Doh!

Pscan, please help us!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205315

Correct

As standard setup, the Elise use the Rover MGF setup.

On top of this, (and most Elise S1) has an additional Cobra alarm installed. When this is the case, the Rover alarm system = 5AS has to but in to af non automatic alarming state.

Se my mail.

Kristian

As I said on another forum, Lotus 5AS and MGRover Lucas 5AS are not the same.

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205316

Please see above picture of my LOTUS S1 LUCAS 5AS module - it is the same module as for an MGF..

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205317

A Lotus Elise S1 does not have electric door locks, which is why an EKA code cannot be used and is therefore never delivered with the car.

When the alarm system is the standard Rover setup, a std. rover remote is delivered that opens / closes the system.

If Cobra setup, the Cobra alarm has its own immobilizer circuit and the Rover 5AS module is set to no automatic immobilise. This is done using a Rover Testbook but never had one in my hands though.

By using a Rover Testbook it should be possible to program new EKA codes and remote controls (as well as most importantly) change the time interval for automatic immobilising again.
It is this time interval that can be set to infinity and thereby the 5AS start circuit is deactivated and the Cobra alarm does the job with its own remote controls.

I have disconnected the power to my Elise S1 with Cobra alarm many times and every time the Cobra immobilizer has worked fine and the Rover 5AS alarm has remained disable.

However, it is a known problem that the Rover alarm system can jump back to active stage if you are very unlucky. This causes major problems for an Elise S1 owner with a Cobra alarm, as you have neither EKA options nor a Rover remote control. The only option here is the Rover Testbook, which is on the same level as finding the horn of a unicorn.

That is why this feature will make a difference in Pscan.

Please:
Can anyone confirm that the Rover Testbook has the option to set the time interval for automatic connection of the 5AS module to infinity?

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205318

Please see above picture of my LOTUS S1 LUCAS 5AS module - it is the same module as for an MGF..

Box outside looks the same, but firmware/electricaly is different in order for such behaviour to be possible.

I do not think that anybody will be able to confirm you that by T4 it is possible to set the time interval for automatic connection of the MGRover 5AS module to infinity. Rover Testbook T4 and MGRover Lucas 5AS are present for 30 years and if such option would be possible it would be known by now.

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205320

Pscan, please sent me your Email address and I can share information regarding the Lotus system setup.

My email: censored

Kristian, I did email you. Maybe check your spam folder? My email address is the one that appears on the "buy" tab on the pscan.uk website

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205321

Box outside looks the same, but firmware/electricaly is different in order for such behaviour to be possible.

I do not think that anybody will be able to confirm you that by T4 it is possible to set the time interval for automatic connection of the MGRover 5AS module to infinity. Rover Testbook T4 and MGRover Lucas 5AS are present for 30 years and if such option would be possible it would be known by now.

so maybe I need to get hold of a 5AS from an Elise and try it on my T4? I have enough Elise customers that these things are worth trying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kristian

Pscan feature for disarming the 5AS module 4 months 4 days ago #205323

so maybe I need to get hold of a 5AS from an Elise and try it on my T4? I have enough Elise customers that these things are worth trying.

That would be very good idea!

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT