Sign In   Register

Topic

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 6 months ago #200266

Whey keay is moved to close position Black wire will have contact with Black/Pink wire
When key is moved in open position Black wire will have contact with Black/Orange wire.

So if you put multimeter to resistance beeper value, on each pair Black-Black/Pink and Black-Black/Orange you will see how much time will pass from when you turn the key into position until you hear beep on instrument.

Thanks for the help.

I have made the checks that you suggested. On my car, it is as you say, but reversed, i.e:

When key is moved to lock position, black connects with black/orange
When key is turned to open position, black connects to black/pink

The connection is latched rather than momentary, i.e. when key is moved to the locked position, black connects and latches to black/orange until the key is turned to open when it latches to black/pink. The connection (and therefore the buzzer) is immediate and latched in both directions. There is no delay. It is very repeatable.

I am confused by this. In pscan, turning the key in either direction is indicated by the 'Door Key Switch'. It is shown as a momentary connection, i.e it is only 'on' while the key is held in the lock or release position and returns to off when the key is released.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 6 months ago #200267

My expectation is that it should be momentary switch, not latching, as othrwise you would be giving signal,to close or open the door all the time.
I wonder is this the pronlem we are looking for regarding EKA and delay?

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200318

My expectation is that it should be momentary switch, not latching, as othrwise you would be giving signal,to close or open the door all the time.
I wonder is this the problem we are looking for regarding EKA and delay?

I think you could be right. I have spent quite a lot of time looking at switched connections in the driver's door lock. What I have found suggests that they aren't working as they should. Basically:

Black connects to red/orange when the lock is locked
Black connects to black/pink when the door is unlocked.

The connections are latching when I would expect them to be momentary. It makes no difference whether the door is opened or closed.

I have also tried checking the continuity of every combination of the 8 wires into the door lock in every state of door open/door closed and door locked/door unlocked and the two above are the only connections showing continuity.

Yet, the doors lock and unlock on both the key and the fob.

I cannot make the EKA work. Pscan knows when the driver's door is closed but takes its time detecting an open door. It detects when the key is turned either left or right and this connection is shown as being momentary.

I'm out of ideas. I guess trying another lock is the best bet?

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200319

Tell me what happens when you try to just lock or unlock the doors using just key? Is anything unordinary or unexpected happens?

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200335

Tell me what happens when you try to just lock or unlock the doors using just key? Is anything unordinary or unexpected happens?

Thanks for your continued interest.

Locking and unlocking with the key.

I have never noticed any problems with locking and unlocking the car, either with the fob or the key. I expected this to be an uninteresting exercise. I was wrong! This is what happens...

Locking with the key:
  • Both doors lock and sill buttons drop.
  • Both doors unlock and the sill buttons pop up.
  • Indicators flash once.
  • Alarm is activated except for the volumetric sensor.
Unlocking with the key:
  • Both doors unlock and the sill buttons pop up.
  • Indicators flash once.
  • Alarm light stops flashing.
  • On opening the door, the alarm light is illuminated and stays that way until the door is closed.
  • When the door is closed, alarm light flashes ~1/second (as per active alarm).
  • Ignition on and alarm light goes out.
  • Car can be started.
Interestingly:
  • On stopping the engine and getting out of the car, after a delay of ~30 seconds, the alarm light starts flasing at ~1/second.
  • The car remains unlocked.
  • I can get back into the car and start the engine.
But:
If I stop the engine and stay in the car, this does not happen but, after 30seconds there is a faint click from behind the dashboard. I can still start the car.

Perhaps these latter quirks are related to the car's ability to reset the alarm if it has been turned off but the door has not been opened.

All of this seems very repeatable, several times over a period of about half an hour.

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200336

What you explained is expected passive immobilisation of the car. Since there is no delay when opening and closing the door by the key, delay you can see on pscan can be related to the software and hardware recognition time.
In these circumstances there is nothing I can put finger and say this might be the problem, except you cannot get EKA to work.
If you tried and set EKA to lower values and no luck there, I am out of ideas as well.
In this case car behaves like chinese version of the car (versions later then 2005) in which seems like EKA code entering feature is disabled at all.

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200337

Thanks for the help.

I don't completely understand your last sentence. I take it to mean that EKA doesn't work on post-2005 cars. This surprises me. However, my car is high mileage, 111,800 miles, and I am about the 7th owner. It is perfectly possible that the alarm system has been renewed in the 12 years and 104,000 miles before I bought it.

I've lived without EKA so far. The only reason that I wanted it working was as a result of Philip's dire warning about trying to programme a new fob without a working EKA. I want another fob. I think I shall take a deep breath and chance it. What's the worst that can happen? No! I don't want to know :-)

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200342

the delay in viewing live data on pscan depends on how many parameters you have selected. The more parameters that are selected, then the more data has to pass from car to pscan and the slower it will get.
It you are really interested in only one thing, then select that only one thing. With one thing selected any delay is going to be quicker than anything perceptible to a human (probably under a quarter of a second or something)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200345

Okay , I have been following this topic with interest . Have considered that the Pectron bcu might be the problem. Why not give Paul Brown a call. ( Technozen) He is a wizard with these pesky bcu's . The relays in these units can hide a multitude of faults . Give him a call as he's very approachable and will tell you of you if he thinks you need to send the bcu and working fob to him to sort .
John .

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200346

Okay , I have been following this topic with interest . Have you considered that the Pectron bcu might be the problem. Why not give Paul Brown a call. ( Technozen) He is a wizard with these pesky bcu's . The relays in these units can hide a multitude of faults . Give him a call as he's very approachable and will tell you of if he thinks you need to send the bcu and working fob to him to sort .
John .

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200360

Okay , I have been following this topic with interest . Have you considered that the Pectron bcu might be the problem. Why not give Paul Brown a call. ( Technozen) He is a wizard with these pesky bcu's . The relays in these units can hide a multitude of faults . Give him a call as he's very approachable and will tell you of if he thinks you need to send the bcu and working fob to him to sort .
John .

Thanks for the interest and helpful suggestion, John.

I have been thinking of calling Technozen. I spoke to Paul some years ago when I first got the car and needed a 2nd fob and, yes, he was very helpful. I had thought that the problems with the EKA were most likely due to a failing lock but now I am not so sure. It's worth a call.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Programming new mems 3 fob 1 year 5 months ago #200361

the delay in viewing live data on pscan depends on how many parameters you have selected. The more parameters that are selected, then the more data has to pass from car to pscan and the slower it will get.
It you are really interested in only one thing, then select that only one thing. With one thing selected any delay is going to be quicker than anything perceptible to a human (probably under a quarter of a second or something)

Thanks for the response, Philip. The delay I was seeing was on opening the door. When the door is opened, pscan responds after a variable delay of up to 90s but, when it is closed, pscan reports it immediately. I only ever thought that the delay was caused by a problem (or feature!) in the car.

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT