Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200190

Hi all.

Further newby question.

The pscan tells me that my wife's SPI Mini has an Error on the INTAKE Air Temperature Sensor.

However, I had a reading from pscan for that temperature - but the Live Data did say that the AMBIENT Air Temperature is an "Invalid Value".

I changed the Intake air temperature sensor for a new one. I still get the error code and still get a valid Live Data reading.

Should the error code actually be for the Ambient air temperature?

BTW - I am trying to find out why the car is reluctant to start when cold. If I "blip" the accelerator pedal for ten seconds or so it settles to a clean idle. I had hoped that it was down to a faulty intake temperature sensor.

Many thanks.

Bill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200193

Not all of the sensors where fitted to all of the cars. I think that ambient temp might have been one. Unfortunately I'm not a Mini expert and I don't have access to an actual car. I just reverse engineer the MG Rover protocols so that pscan gives the same answer as a Testbook (as far as I can), but some times you will get these anomalies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jersey Bill

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200196

Thanks Philip.

I understand that you have limitations imposed by the original design of the car's system - if it ain't there, your box can't read it!

I was just concerned that I might still have a problem with the new intake temperature sensor that I had fitted - which may have explained its reluctance to start. But as I am getting an actual temperature reading that seemed to be improbable. I'll just assume that when the error says "Intake ...", it actually means "Ambient ....", as the Mini doesn't have an ambient temperature sensor.

Thanks again.

Bill

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200198

The Mini does have an intake air temp sensor though I think, and your wife's Mini is producing an error code on it.
I would suggest that you need to check that the wiring from the sensor to the ECU is good. You could well have an intermittent wiring break for example.

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200199

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

SPI Mini Intake Air Temperature 1 year 6 months ago #200211

Hi Bill.
The ambient air temp is not relevant to the SPI or MPI Mini as there isn't one fitted .The Air intake is . Our MPI has always had this come up as a fault code and when cleared comes back . I wouldn't worry about the code . My TF has a fault code that is for Aircon and it was not fitted at the factory .
John .

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT