Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 5 months ago #197674

YWC103630 is not an alarm. You cannot code anything to it. It is specific type of relay, nothing more.

Let me set some facts strait. EKA code is used in case that you forget you fob, or loose you fob to be able to get your engine starting. It does not mean you have to pair your alarm ECU with the engine ECU. EKA existance does not mean that alarm ECU is paired with engine ECU. Once EKA is entered you will be able to start the engine numerous times without entering it each time.

If you have passive immobilisation feature then you have alarm ECU paired with engine ECU.

If you want more info on this subject I am willing to provide it, but not on the open forum, since I have Honda engined Rover with EKA code.

I may have worded my comment poorly but I didn't mean that EKA was there because of engine-5AS pairing. I only meant that since the Honda ECU couldn't be paired to the 5AS unit, there was no need, in my opinion, for EKA coding on these cars. The purpose of EKA, as you mentioned, is to be able to start the car. On MEMS cars, since the MEMS is paired to the 5AS, there is a need for some sort of code when the fob is missing, since the 5AS is sending out an unlock code to the MEMS when the fob is used. When there's no pairing, and no communication between the 5AS and the engine ECU (PGM-FI in the Honda case), what would the EKA code be there for? I may accept your comment that it does exist, but what's the point really? There's no technical need for it. Unlocking the car with the key should be enough to get it started, as was the case with those cars before 5AS was introduced and when they used infrared fobs...there was no EKA then.

When you mention that passive immo then you have pairing between the 5AS and the engine ECU...then it means that on the 200/400 R8 cars, which had passive immo added in late 1994, there never was that feature on Honda-engined and diesel cars...since no pairing on these?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by scoubix.

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 5 months ago #197677

YWC103630 is not an alarm. You cannot code anything to it. It is specific type of relay, nothing more.

Let me set some facts strait. EKA code is used in case that you forget you fob, or loose you fob to be able to get your engine starting. It does not mean you have to pair your alarm ECU with the engine ECU. EKA existance does not mean that alarm ECU is paired with engine ECU. Once EKA is entered you will be able to start the engine numerous times without entering it each time.

If you have passive immobilisation feature then you have alarm ECU paired with engine ECU.

If you want more info on this subject I am willing to provide it, but not on the open forum, since I have Honda engined Rover with EKA code.

I may have worded my comment poorly but I didn't mean that EKA was there because of engine-5AS pairing. I only meant that since the Honda ECU couldn't be paired to the 5AS unit, there was no need, in my opinion, for EKA coding on these cars. The purpose of EKA, as you mentioned, is to be able to start the car. On MEMS cars, since the MEMS is paired to the 5AS, there is a need for some sort of code when the fob is missing, since the 5AS is sending out an unlock code to the MEMS when the fob is used. When there's no pairing, and no communication between the 5AS and the engine ECU (PGM-FI in the Honda case), what would the EKA code be there for? I may accept your comment that it does exist, but what's the point really? There's no technical need for it. Unlocking the car with the key should be enough to get it started, as was the case with those cars before 5AS was introduced and when they used infrared fobs...there was no EKA then.

When you mention that passive immo then you have pairing between the 5AS and the engine ECU...then it means that on the 200/400 R8 cars, which had passive immo added in late 1994, there never was that feature on Honda-engined and diesel cars...since no pairing on these?

EKA do exist on cars with infrared fobs. I have it. Maybe not with all of them, and not all models, but it is there. I do not know if early 200/400 would have EKA implemented, but I would expect it is implemented starting 1994 forward.

Purpose of EKA is to stop thief to start the car if he entered the car by the door (or forced entry by the door key lock) and does not have the fob, but in the same time to enable the owner to stert the car if he lost the fob.

As I said purpose of EKA code is to enable you to start the car when your fob is missing. If you unlock the car with the key only you would not be able to start the car since alarm ECU will not let you. If you can, then the system might already be modified from someone who knows how to. As I said I do not intent to speak freely on open forum about this as I will violate security topic of cars which are still on the road and in that case can be nicked because we disposed important information to thieves.

Passive immobilisation is extension of EKA code to further securtiy measure. To stop the car being started if the car was even unlocked by the fob, but left open and unattended. Without the fob you will not be able to start it. Honda engined cars can have passive immobilisation implemented in the same way EKA code is implemented.

As I said we can talk about this and I can explain you how things works if you want, but not on open forum.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 5 months ago #197684

EKA do exist on cars with infrared fobs. I have it. Maybe not with all of them, and not all models, but it is there. I do not know if early 200/400 would have EKA implemented, but I would expect it is implemented starting 1994 forward.

EKA does exist on 'some' cars with infrared, but not the 200/400 R8 generation, that's for sure. They only implemented EKA when RF fobs and 5AS was introduced for MY 94.5.
Cars that have EKA with infrared are the Rover 600 and 800, 800 only starting from VIN 194916. That is when they started pairing the CCU with the engine ECU (only with MEMS, not PGM-FI cars). Cars prior to that VIN don't have EKA (I own a 800 with VIN below that number and it doesn't have EKA at all). From VIN 230967 (96 MY), they moved to RF fobs as well.
Rover 600 had EKA from VIN 144845. When they moved to RF starting from VIN 246797, they removed the need for EKA : a transponder was inside the key itself.

Passive immobilisation is extension of EKA code to further securtiy measure. To stop the car being started if the car was even unlocked by the fob, but left open and unattended. Without the fob you will not be able to start it. Honda engined cars can have passive immobilisation implemented in the same way EKA code is implemented.

Still, I don't see technically how this can relate to ECU pairing between the 5AS and the engine ECU, which you implied was mandatory for passive immobilisation. The Honda PGM-FI has never been technically capable of being paired with the 5AS. So if passive immobilisation was available on those cars, it would mean it's just a timer that starts when you stop the engine and triggers immobilisation after 30 seconds, instead of just waiting for a fob signal.

I'll send you a PM for further discussion :)

Last edit: Post by scoubix.

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 4 months ago #197738

As already discussed the YWC103630 is part of the whole alarm/immobiliser system. This gives an overview of the complete system: https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID002848

I also found a diagnostics documentation that you can find here: https://www.miniscene-unterfranken.de/wp-content/uploads/downloads/Rover_Diagnosehandbuch.pdf (unfortunately in German but it gives quite accurate information about which system has been fitted since when.)

In my case the '95 model hat the Lucas 5AS but it can only be accessed via a green 3Pin connector in the engine bay. (no OBD style connector) It is not connected (coded) to the ECU. My car is still bricked but I found someone whom I can send the 5AS and the fobs and they can connect them.
My problem now is: I can not find the 5AS device in the car. It's a '95 216i Cabrio with a Honda engine. I searched in the footwell area and in the boot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alouroverPT

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 4 months ago #197739

Your alarm box is placed way up above your pedals. Would be sensible to remove fusebox, put your head on clutch pedal and look way above. Then your should see it. It is well tucked away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by Roverlike. Reason: Spelling

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 4 months ago #197760

Found it! Thank you so much!

Read the EKA without a working FOB 2 years 4 months ago #197762

Glad you found it. Please report back when you sort your fobs.

Read the EKA without a working FOB 1 year 10 months ago #199253

i am interested in receiving more info on this subject please

Read the EKA without a working FOB 1 year 10 months ago #199254

where can i find this 3 pin green connector on a rover 820 and on a 220 turbo coupé?

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT