Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193729

Hi thanks in advance for any help you can give I have just purchased the pscan to try and sort a problem with the fobs on my 2002 mgtf 160 with Lucas fobs . The ecu has been changed as the previous one failed and is running new map install .i guess the problem is the ecu needs pairing with the body control module and the srs box everything on the car works apart from the fobs and the alarm led and it starts and runs . I hope the pscan tool can sort this ,it’s the first time loading using it ,any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks again john .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193735

Hi and welcome to the forum

IIRC the fobs and the 5AS have to be matched but I don't think the 5AS and the engine ECU are matched.
Once the 5AS unit receives a good signal from the fob it then sends a signal to the engine ECU to say it is ok to run.

But I might be wrong.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193752

Hi thanks for that,using the pscan we can see that the ems code is different and that two EKA codes are present ,How do I change the EKA code so it is picking up one instead of two??

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193753

James may be able to answer this but this thread should probably be in the pscan area of the forum? The welcome - introductions area is for - well, welcomes and introductions :welcome:

https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-uk-diagnostic-tool-forum

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193763

Topic moved.....

I know you can change the EKA code, just don't know how to change it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193770

Hi thanks for that,using the pscan we can see that the ems code is different and that two EKA codes are present ,How do I change the EKA code so it is picking up one instead of two??

There are not two EKA codes present.

There are two representations of what the EKA might be, depending on what car the 5AS originally came from.

If you look at this screenshot:-

on this particular vehicle pscan is telling you that if it's a Rover 25, MG ZR or MGF then the EKA is 5324, but if it's not one of those vehicles then the EKA is 5223.

There is however actually only one.

The next point is what an EKA actually is.
There are two ways to make the alarm light go out, one way is to press "unlock" on a working fob, the other way is to enter the EKA using the key in the door lock to enter the code.

The first thing to do is to make the alarm LED go out.
To do that you need some working fobs.
Get some known good fobs and pair them to the 5AS by logging into the 5AS and select "immobiliser fob programming".
Follow the instructions and get the fobs to work.

This will make the alarm light go out.

If at that point the alarm light goes out and the engine runs then you're finished.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193774

yup done all of that !!! however my problem is making the alarm light COME ON not go out, the car has always ran, the fobs of which I have 4 are all programmed 2 of which are brand new, none will open or close the doors.
flummoxed!!!

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193777

Sounds like someone has been messing, my guess is that the ECU has been modified to require no signal from the immobiliser and also the doors are no longer linked to the alarm.

Have you run the alarm check routine?

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193779

In the engine compartment fuse box (under the front hood), do you have fuse number 3 rating 15 amps present? If not try to put it back.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193783

Hi thank you for all your help so far.
I can confirm that there is a 15amp fuse in fuse 3 ,i have changed the ecu and the 5as unit and the volumetric sensor .the problem remains the same.you can program the fobs ok but they will not open the doors and no alarm light is present.The car runs and starts straight away.
with the new ecu fitted the alarm light came on briefly and then went out.I have not been able to make it come on again.
what can be wrong ?????

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193784

can you confirm what the alarm check routine is please.
Thanks John

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193788

I am guessing that when a 5AS thinks that ignition is on then it won't arm the alarm.
Maybe someone connected the ignition switched input to permant battery feed?

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 1.337 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT