Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193789

If you look in live data you can see what the inputs to the 5AS are doing. Make sure that inputs change in a way that looks sensible. In particular you can monitor ignition switch status.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193798

checking the wiring and all other stuff we now find that the passenger door switch isn't sometimes showing movement on the pscan diagnostic page . another part on order........

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193814

It’s fixed !
After much investigation the fault was traced to the passenger side door switch .Interestingly the pscan initially picked up the switch movement but later it failed to show the door switch moving .
The alarm light will not come on if the switch is no good so if anyone comes across this issue the door locks are where to look !
Regards and thank you to all that tried to help
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper, Keymaster, NigelOBB

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 3 years 9 months ago #193869

Thank you for coming back with the solution, so often one searches for a problem and finds threads on the subject but no resolution at the end.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 2 years 10 months ago #195942

"enter the EKA using the key in the door lock to enter the code" what is the process to do this? I assume I get pscanto read the EKA code then put the key in the door lock and turn the key either left or right the corresponding numbers. But do I start tuening left or right?

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 2 years 10 months ago #195960

Hi.  To enter the EKA the doors need to be locked.  Then you in put the first digit of the code by turning the key to the unlock position,  then back to the vertical , equal to the first number . ie if the first part of the code is four , you turn the key to unlock and back to vertical four times . Then the second digit of the code to the lock position and to vertical , to the value of the second number in the code. ie if the second number is two , you turn the key to the lock position and to the vertical twice .
Hope this helps .
Ps  . You must make sure that each turn of the key is full and deliberate to  unlock or lock and to the vertical position.  The Imobiliser will if you do it right incur a delay with the ignition turned on for around five minutes before it is released .
John. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, pandrew3

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 2 years 10 months ago #195967

I have already clicked the thank you button, but I needed to express my thanks further.  I have owned an MGF and a MGTF for the last 20 odd years.  Here in Australia there is only one known workshop in Queensland with a T4 and so the EKA was not available as the owner of the system was still learning how to use it.at our cost.  I have had the pscan software now for a few years and finally have the EKA code. The lack of the code has been a worry and now I know how to use it.  WoooHooo!
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper

Newbie to the site and pscan tool 2 years 10 months ago #196031

Hi Peter .
I am so pleased that you are now able to use both the Pscan and the EKA . When I bought my TF 6 years ago , I like you was on a bit of a learning curve . The car is a 2005 car and by now  most of these cars have been through a few owners . Sadly my car did not come with details of the EKA , as the dealership had not put it in the handbook , no doubt because by the time it had been sold MG Rover had hit the buffers and the dealers were no doubt looking at getting rid of the brand from their forecourts . This is where this brilliant forum and members comes to the fore. My concern with the lack of EKA was that we take the car to France ( pre Covid19 ) so to only have 1 working fob and no EKA was a concern . Pscan , this forum and the utterly brilliant Paul at Technozen helped me to sort this out . When you read some of the pleas for help on this forum , it makes you realise just how far from the UK the famous MG brand was sold ! 

John 
The following user(s) said Thank You: pandrew3

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Spelling
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT