Sign In   Register

Topic

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193362

and does the fob actually work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193363

The horn sounded when I pressed the new fob to pair it but doesn't work now I've disconnected the pscan.

I could try again?

Last edit: Post by mgillam.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193369

NABF964048C6E78388977M

I tried to enter this code on my T4. It would not accept it. The algorithm in pscan says that the checksum for the first 21 digits is 7 not M.
When I enter the same code with 7 instead of M into the T4 then the T4 accepts it.

My conclusion is that this is not a valid code, at least as far as the official Rover tool (the T4 is concerned).

I have seen this before, I have a fob that I bought on ebay for £15 which is red and almost a heart shape. This one also has a bar code that the T4 will not accept. I haven't tried it on a car yet (with the wrong checksum which pscan will allow, and the T4 will not).

Where did you get your fob from and was it a reputable supplier?

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193370

also, can you post a photo of the bar code? Maybe one digit isn't clear and I can try similar looking characters until the checksum checks correctly.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193371

It is a red fob off off ebay - see picture. I read on another forum someone had no problem programming theirs with pscan so I thought it would be ok - clearly not. Before I leave snotty feedback on ebay is there anything else I can try? Thanks
Attachments:

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193374

That looks the same as the fob that I got for £15 that also has a non compliant checksum, although the label with bar code is printed differently.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193375

I took my fob to bits and had a look inside.
It comes from keydiy
I would guess that these fobs have been created using a machine called the KD900.
This machine seems to be able to create fobs for lots of different cars.
There are two possibilities.
1. The machine doesn't produce Pektron fobs properly.
2. The user pressed a wrong button and actually we have fobs for a different car (like Rover 75 or New Mini or something).

If you want a known good fob I recommend getting them from Technozen. I have bought fobs from him and they do work, and he has the expertise to support you if something does go wrong.

www.technozen-electronics.co.uk

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193376

I found the operations manual for the KD900 here http://www.keydiy.com/12-download/img/KD900%20operation%20manual.zip

In the manual is an application list and MG Rover isn't on the list!

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193378

Thanks for researching this. I'll return the fob back to the seller.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193395

I've bought two red fobs like that, first was from ebay, second one was from aliexpress....I've had no problem coding both fobs, infact, I coded one of the fobs to two different TF's I've got.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193396

I've been in contact with the seller on ebay and they did use a Keydiy machine to programme the key fob. You may have been lucky that the last number of the code generated coincided with a valid code or perhaps the user of the machine selected a different model? Out of interest did the last digit of your code match the automatically generated one on pscan?

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193403

infact, I coded one of the fobs to two different TF's I've got.

I don't think that this will work longer term. The Pektron and fobs using "rolling code" technology.
This is the reason that only new, unused fobs can be coded in.
The 22 digit code relates to the unused state of the fob; once it has been used a few (no one seems to know exactly how many) times the code in the fob is no longer the one on the bar code because it as "rolled".

My understanding is that there is a "window" meaning that the code in the ECU must be near enough to the one in the fob or it won't be recognised.

If you use the fob on car A too many times then the code in the fob and in car A will roll out of the window that car B will recognise and it will no longer work on car B.

If you keep this fob as an emergency backup and never use it you might get away with it but use it too many times on one car and it will stop working on the other.

That's my understanding anyway.

Additionally I have (for the time being) created a 22 digit barcode checker here http://pscan.uk/features/pektron.html

This uses the same algorithm as that is implemented in pscan.

If anyone gets a 22 digit code that doesn't work on the checker then please post the code here and I will try it on my T4 and make see if that accepts it.

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT