Sign In   Register

Topic

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193210

A valid code always starts with an O or an N.

For example with this fob

I would say that the 22 digit code is probably the O30D code not the C66382 one.

Also make sure that the fob is the right frequency for the car (probably 433 not 315Mhz).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193211

I think that I will add a clarification note in the next release to explain that the 22 digit code always starts with an O or an N.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193213

Thanks.....the code then is the really really small number at the bottom of the bar code and not the CEL C66382 you would think printed in a font that normal people can read with out a micro scope.....The two packs I have (one from and exactly the same year and spec as my new one) only has one bar code and is just about readable under the right light...;) I didn't even notice it...;(
Thanks....round two tomorrow..
Yes all keys are 433Hz made sure of that, two button etc .

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193226

Update on progress.
I have successfully paired my old fob from a previous write off that had been used occasionally, perfect.
The two e bay fobs (Rover), all correct spec, the codes were both accepted and the last code generated was correct, but they don't work.
So my assumption is that being New Old Stock and were produced some years ago now......CR2032 solution is required.....I will buy a couple to try.
At the very least I have purchased two very expensive fob cases for when the wife's nails go through the plastic bit of the button
….:)

Thanks for all the patience and advice on this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193228

If you added the code but then the battery was flat then I'm not sure whether it will "just work" or not. It might be that you have to run the "initialise fobs" process again as now the codes have been entered but not seen from a radio perspective maybe it is now an "uninitialised" fob.

There are some nasty gotchas with these Pektron fobs. They have rolling code technology so the code that you enter in pscan is only the initial code of the fob. Once the buttons are pressed the codes actually start to change and the Pektron updates the code internally as well. If the too codes get too far out of sync then the fob is toast. Some of the original ones could be triggered into updating their codes simply from leaving them too near to a Rover 75 or BMW fob. In this case the BMW fob will update the code in the Pektron fob so many times that it goes out the the sync window with the code in the Pektron ECU and then the fob is dead.

I am told that there is no way to recover from such a situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193237

Yes, I was relieved when the old spare fob worked, not knowing how many times it had been pressed. (At least a couple for when I locked the original in the boot...) When the75 was being developed the BMW engineers insisted on having a service indicator that could only be reset by an authorised dealer....so you could service your car anywhere in line with EU law but only get the service indicator reset at a dealer...(LE 500 owners know what I mean) It was to be rolled out on all Rover/MG/ Land Rover products eventually. So I'm not surprised there is a cross over/ interference from BMW...:)
The batteries should be with me tomorrow so will confirm the issue and resolution.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193239

Ok, I have now inserted new batteries into the "Rover" e bay fobs.
One works absolutely fine. The other doesn't.
I will reinstall all the fobs again at a later date.
The only deviation from the process for "Fob initialisation" was that with one Rover fob I tried to "add" the second fob as part of the same initialisation, rather than enter code and close down.
So my assumption is you can't initialise and add one then another etc you have to close and then re initialise for each fob you wish to add.
Pressing the add button probably invalidated the first Rover fob.....well that's what I'm going with...operator stupidity caused by ignorance...;)
Last post on subject unless any other comments..

Pairing New Fob 3 years 11 months ago #193240

That is interesting. I don't think that anyone has tried to add two fobs at the same time. Please can you have another attempt at adding the fob that doesn't work?
It might be that pscan needs to be modified to only allow the user to add one fob at a time.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193357

Just trying to pair a new pektron fob. The 22nd character is automatically generated but it asks to check it's correct. My last character is an "M" but it generates a "7". Shall I proceed?

I thought I'd try it, the horn sounded as I pressed the new fob but then it stated "programming failed".

Last edit: Post by mgillam.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193359

Please can you reply with (or PM) the 22 digit code.

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193360

NABF964048C6E78388977M

Pairing New Fob 3 years 10 months ago #193361

and does the fob actually work?

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT